CRISC Exam Result

TalkSecTalkSec Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just found the result for CRISC 2013 exam and Failed .. scored 443 . Best of luck for others !!

Comments

• TundelessTundeless Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just received my result now PASSED WITH 474 my least ISACA exam score
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it the toughest of their exams?
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□

I think it's the toughest ISACA exam I've taken. I didn't make it as well. Gonna try again in June 2014! Best of luck for others!
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think a better adjective may be immature. While I had scored 634 on it when I took last year, I thought the content and subsequent exam questions were highly repetitive and redundant. It felt like a lot of the questions were asking the same thing but in different ways. I do recall being mentally exhausted after taking the exam.
  • SuperpizzaSuperpizza Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with paul78. Just passed the exam hitting a 600. Several questions were repeated over and, strangely enough, I scored a very good 729 in "IS control design & implementation" domain and just 481 in "Risk Monitoring". I scored a 633 in CISM exam in 2012, but the domain scores were very similar among them. Moreover it took more time to complete the exam. I just spared 20 minutes, for CISM & CISSP I spared 1 hour or so. It looks like, on average, understanding the questions required a longer time.
  • security_guysecurity_guy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just checked my result ... Scored 443 icon_cry.gif
    its gonna be too hard waiting till June to retake the exam.
    wish I could do it sooner ..
  • packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    And I was thinking CRISC must be the easiest of the lot icon_smile.gif Well, well. This is surprising because I thought CISA/CISM are the toughest.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Superpizza wrote: »
    Moreover it took more time to complete the exam. I just spared 20 minutes, for CISM & CISSP I spared 1 hour or so. It looks like, on average, understanding the questions required a longer time.
    Yeah - now that you mention it. I noticed the same thing. I had zero minutes to spare on the CRISC. And it seemed like the questions were worded to be more complicated to understand because there just wasn't a lot of content to test on.
  • RonniewbRonniewb Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually had a good feeling when I took the exam but got my results yesterday....437 and needed 450 ;-( _ _ _

I passed CISA and CISSP and this was a bit more difficult. I'll try again in June.

To my own fault, I only studied the ISACA RISK-IT and ISACA CRISC Q/A Guide for a week before taking the exam.

I'm thinking about purchasing a CRISC study guide from Amazon. What tools did you guys use?
  • SuperpizzaSuperpizza Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used CRISC Review manual 2013, CRISC Review QAE, CRISC Review QAE supplement and my old 2011 CISM questions database for chapter on Risk.
    I then had a look at RISK-IT guide just to clarify the overall process. BTW, it seems the CRISC review manual and the RISK-IT guide don't agree on a few basic definition about risk. icon_sad.gif Very frustrating, because I am sure I got a few of the exam questions wrong because of that.
    I strongly suggest you use the QAE books. You'll get just 300 (200 + 100) questions, but it will help you in getting the right mindset to tackle the exam. Good luck on your next try! icon_smile.gif
  • RonniewbRonniewb Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Super, thanks for the feedback. I would like to use the ISACA online CRISC course but its so freaking expensive. Thanks again.
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Ronniewb wrote: »

I'm thinking about purchasing a CRISC study guide from Amazon. What tools did you guys use?

Save your money the review guide is worthless. I used that and the online question DB.

Like paul78 and a few others said... the exam is immature. I completed it rather quickly but was worn out when I was done as well.

It is impossible to compare it to other exams (in difficulty) because everyones point of view is subjective. The CISA is supposed to be the hardest exam. I was done in about an hour and did not study at all and got a high score. The CRISC
    exam I studied for a few hours and got a good score as well. I considered them both easy.

It is key you meet the requirements for the exam (time and experience) itself and understand the subject. Don't chase a certification... Chase understanding and knowledge.

Sorry to lump this all in under a quote. But I wanted to address a few things in one post.
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was thinking about taking the CRISC as it's the only ISACA exam besides CISA that I qualify for. Not so sure now.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • GDE1966GDE1966 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm very pleased to report that I passed the December exam, here's my summary:

CRISC Pre-Certification Summary

Certification Status:
    Not Certified - Exam Result: Pass (Dec 2013)
    Overall Score:

Apply for Certification

Last Date to Apply:
    31 Dec 2018

Recent Exam Detail (CRISC,14 Dec 2013)

Job Practice Area
    Scaled Score

Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation

Risk Response

Risk Monitoring

Information Systems Control Design and Implementation

Information Systems Control Monitoring and Maintenance

Exam History Summary

Exam
    Date
    Result (Overall Score)

CRISC
    December 2013
    Pass(480.00)
    Print Results Letter

9604-Edinburgh, Scotland

• GDE1966GDE1966 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed with a total score of 480.

Congratulations to the other successful candidates, commiserations to those who failed and good luck if/when you resit.
  • mri1977mri1977 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear all greetings,

I am new to the forum. I am planning on to study for CRISC certification. Would any one of you be able to share relevant documents in soft. Would appreciate if any one of you could share the CRISC review manual and past questions answers.

Regards,
  • Althmash7Althmash7 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

What is passing Score ??
  • AnnaGAAnnaGA Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello to all,

Now it is our time to wait. CISA and CISM June 2105 results are in..CRISC - we must wait until 2nd or 3rd week in August. This was a 'take two' for me. Good luck everyone.

~Anna
  • uleghari007@gmail.comuleghari007@gmail.com Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello all,

Do you people have database of isaca crisc?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello all,

Do you people have database of isaca crisc?

Its sold on isaca's website.