Network+ Scheduled

earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I will be taking the N+ in a few weeks, precisely on Feb 7th! Would love for any tips as to what to study and "watch out" for. Thanks! I will post my results on this page just like I did for my A+ cert!
WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019

Comments

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man I am taking mine on the 28th! It looks like knowing small details like cable lenghts, specifications and what a lot of the acrynoms mean is important. The book had a chapter on subnetting, but the 3 people I talked too said they either got 1 or none direct subnetting questions. Have you printed the exam objectives from CompTIA's website and then just read and explain them all to yourself?
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man I am taking mine on the 28th! It looks like knowing small details like cable lenghts, specifications and what a lot of the acrynoms mean is important. The book had a chapter on subnetting, but the 3 people I talked too said they either got 1 or none direct subnetting questions. Have you printed the exam objectives from CompTIA's website and then just read and explain them all to yourself?

Indeed I actually downloaded the .pdf from the website and I plan on printing out, making a checklist and fine tuning my understanding of my weak areas.

I am currently reading the rest of Kevin Wallace's book and I will be finished with it by the end of this week. The first 6 days of next week (exam week) will be nothing but review, practice tests and relaxation before the test on the 7th
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, know your protocols for wifi and when to use them. WEP, WPA, WPA2-Enterprise/Personal. Ports was a big one, so know your ports.

I think Net+ in my opinion isn't too hard. Get it boyz, should be pretty straight forward.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    I will add to the list of people who say.. you did NOT have to subnet a thing. Spend less time on the 100baseT(easy) and more time of the others like LX.. I always and still do dislike remembering a bunch of numbers and specifications….I am not trying to run cable through ceilings for a living icon_silent.gif Congratulations in advance