Passed ICND2 - Finally CCNA Certified :D

-hype-hype Member Posts: 165
Hey Guys,

Really happy that I finally got this cert. Scored a 933/1000. I was expecting this cert to be a lot harder. It was a lot easier than the Microsoft exams I took and just slightly harder than the Security+. I think the reasons behind this are that there are so many sources to study for the CCNA. To be quite frank I was a bit bummed out that there was no configuration on these exams. For the future test-takers, I highly recommend that you review and study Frame Relay, Eigrp, Netflow/SNMP and OSPF in detail.

I can see why this is the associate exam, as they're missing some huge topics like BGP, MPLS and Layer 3 Switching.

What I used:

Lammle ICND2- Awesome, awesome, awesome. Read this thing twice front to back on my Kindle. Reading on a kindle is so much easier.

Testout- What can I say, I've been in love with this site since my A+ days.

CBT Nuggets- Some of the harder topics that were hard to conceptualize were easier to grasp of after watching the CBT videos.

Pearson Vue Lab Sim / Packet Tracer - For my hands on training. Labbing is awesome, it helped me answer some questions that weren't covered in great detail in the book.
WGU BS IT:Network Administration
Started: 10-1-13
Completed: 9-21-14
Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU

Comments

• beaucaldwellbeaucaldwell Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • RavenclawRavenclaw Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    congratulations!! It was not easy, you are just smart!
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What are you going for next?
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Awesome job!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Congrats and welcome to the CCNA R&S fan club icon_cool.gif
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree about it being an easier cert than the MS ones. I did the CCNA first and found it not too bad, but doing MS Server ones now and while its easy to understand the first exam was a lot harder than Cisco! Congrats on the pass!
  • Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Nice! Of course if you found it easy that means you studied well haha.

Why do you think it is easier than MS?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great job.
  • -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    Nice! Of course if you found it easy that means you studied well haha.

Why do you think it is easier than MS?

Well I passed the the 70-680 with a 725 on my second try and the 70-686 with a 700, the passing grade is 700 for both ...

Just the wording and how M$ exams are set up, they don't test you on stuff you would use on the job, whereas Cisco tests you on stuff that you definitely would use day to day or should know. If that makes sense ..

Congrats! What are you going for next?

Unfortunately I'm doing the CIW web design and the CIW Java certs for WGU. Waste of time tbh. I'm not a programmer ...

Then its the Server 2008 trifecta, prolly get my butt kicked by them. Although I've done all the labs and followed the books from front to back for all three exams in Community College. I had done the same for the CCNA as well.
  • m1979m1979 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know you can reveal any details but did you see a lot of questions from the 'new' ccna topics? Thx
    m1979 wrote: »
    I know you can reveal any details but did you see a lot of questions from the 'new' ccna topics? Thx

Yes of course!! There was lots of troubleshooting and lots of questions on netflow, syslog and SNMP. It was definitely a lot more heavy on the protocols (EIGRP and OSPF).
  • xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How do you think it compared in difficulty to the ICND1, by the way?
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
    xengoreth wrote: »
    Congrats! How do you think it compared in difficulty to the ICND1, by the way?

It was just slightly more difficult, because the ICND2 was more in depth with the topics. Basically expanded on the topics in ICnd1 like in ICND2 you were dealing with/ troubleshooting multi-OSPF area networks.