Got a job, thx techexams!

I have been trying to move up in the gov for about a year and have put in about 30 applications. I thought my resume was wonderful, but after some soul searching i swallowed my pride and looked for help. I posted it here and looked for advice and immediately it was dissected and recommendations were made by people on this forum.

So long story short i followed all of the recommendations by folks here on the site and put in for about 5 jobs with a new resume. BAM got an interview within two weeks and did well on the interview......and got the job.

I want to really thank this site for all of the wonderful info for literally anyone to use to succeed. Although the criticism can be harsh, i did not receive on bit of info that was not helpful.

BTW the hiring official complimented my resume after the interview ;)

Comments

• linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Congratulations, I like reading stories like this. They inspire me and motivate me to keep going. I wish I would find a job myself.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Want to give us details on the new job? :D
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    5502george wrote: »
    I have been trying to move up in the gov for about a year and have put in about 30 applications. I thought my resume was wonderful, but after some soul searching i swallowed my pride and looked for help. I posted it here and looked for advice and immediately it was dissected and recommendations were made by people on this forum.

So long story short i followed all of the recommendations by folks here on the site and put in for about 5 jobs with a new resume. BAM got an interview within two weeks and did well on the interview......and got the job.

I want to really thank this site for all of the wonderful info for literally anyone to use to succeed. Although the criticism can be harsh, i did not receive on bit of info that was not helpful.

BTW the hiring official complimented my resume after the interview ;)

Congrats!

On another note... your avatar is freaking me out man! icon_silent.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Wannabenerd13Wannabenerd13 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job!! I decided to start my account here after reading all the valuable info. I may be asking the same question soon to get me on the right path as well.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and goodluck in your new role!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! What kind of a job is it?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job, give us some details on the role!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Congratulations! Remember, do not stop improving!
  • earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Huge congrats to you!icon_cheers.gif
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, have a good time
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • 100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Gratz! Keep at it!
  • wompywompy Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It is always nice to see resume critiques pay off!
  • MagnumOpusMagnumOpus Member Posts: 107
    congrats man, and that's one hell of an resume!