Options

Resume review---please

Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm in my last semester of school and I'm in the process of working on the resume. I spent 20 years in the Air Force and I'm in the middle of a career change. I started school in the spring of 2012 and have been full time ever since. No job experience other than a few months as a Cisco tutor at the community college I was attending. The main focus has been school... to knock it out as fast as possible... as I'm not getting any younger :)

So... with all that said... any thoughts about the resume? There isn't a lot of tech related information as I really only have experience from school and the tutoring position. This past summer I volunteered to replace a network with a group of people along with a CCIE for a local homeless shelter... we started the project and then it fell through... so I haven't added to the resume as it wasn't completed. I'm not sure if I should mention it?

Please let me know what you think and I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Frank

cleanresume.pdf

Comments

• Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    My grammar isn't the best, but I don't think this is right.

In your summary: "increase efficiency, and lower costs." I don't believe a comma should be there.

I don't think Cisco/Linux should be bold on your "Core Competencies" but then again you have a lot of other stuff bolded too.

Sorry, your resume is huge and I don't have that much time to dig all through it.
  • Options
    Many thanks... I will have a look. Not sure about the bold areas... ? Maybe the Cisco/Linux should not be in bold?

Appreciate you taking the time to look it over.

Frank
  • Options
    miguk82miguk82 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would get rid of some of the military jargon(I know its tuff)
  • Options
    BjmachBjmach Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hatch1921 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in my last semester of school and I'm in the process of working on the resume. I spent 20 years in the Air Force and I'm in the middle of a career change. I started school in the spring of 2012 and have been full time ever since. No job experience other than a few months as a Cisco tutor at the community college I was attending. The main focus has been school... to knock it out as fast as possible... as I'm not getting any younger :)

So... with all that said... any thoughts about the resume? There isn't a lot of tech related information as I really only have experience from school and the tutoring position. This past summer I volunteered to replace a network with a group of people along with a CCIE for a local homeless shelter... we started the project and then it fell through... so I haven't added to the resume as it wasn't completed. I'm not sure if I should mention it?

Please let me know what you think and I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    Frank

cleanresume.pdf

I'm in the Air Force as well just hit 20 and retiring in a year. I have a template that is much cleaner and neater for you to use. I can help you since I been tweaking mine for quite awhile now. Send me an email to bjmachado@gmail.com and we can chat via email.
  • Options
    Bjmach wrote: »
    I'm in the Air Force as well just hit 20 and retiring in a year. I have a template that is much cleaner and neater for you to use. I can help you since I been tweaking mine for quite awhile now. Send me an email to bjmachado@gmail.com and we can chat via email.

Many thanks... email sent.

Frank