OSCP price?

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to find out the price of the OSCP exam, but I can't find it at offensive-security's site, only the price for the Pentesting with Kali Linux course and the price for retake the OSCP. I would like to know what is the price for the first attempt.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    The certification attempt is included when you take the course. If you want to take it a second time, you have to pay another 60$.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ohh I thought I had to pay for the course and for the exam
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The certification attempt is included when you take the course. If you want to take it a second time, you have to pay another 60$.

Can't beat those prices icon_thumright.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    NovaHax wrote: »
    Can't beat those prices icon_thumright.gif

I too think the prices are great for what you get. OSCP is in my far far future plans. Too much on my plate at the moment.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm only two days into it, but I'm loving it so far.
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • Tom ServoTom Servo Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just finished the videos. The coverage and materials are excellent. I would say similar to SANS GCIH which i took years ago, but better since it is not crammed into 4-5 days. Plus access to the lab environment to actually apply the techniques hands on (not something SANS provides).

I'm rooting for you man...

Get it? Rooting for you. See what I did there? So clever...

Buh dum bum...cha icon_wink.gif

Good luck and have a blast! Make sure to give us your thoughts of the PWK when you are a few weeks in. The fact that you are doing PWK makes it even more interesting.

Best of luck to Tom too. I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time throughout this. I really envy you!

@NovaHax - lol..
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm currently reading a C programming book that takes up a lot of my time - But after that I will be tackling OSCP...looking forward to it.
    Is C that critical for the OSCP? Pure C or C++ is ok as well?
  • Tom ServoTom Servo Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any programming knowledge/experience will be helpful. C, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. There is not a strict requirement to use any specific language, and exploits are written/can be written in a variety of languages.
  • Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "Good luck and have a blast! Make sure to give us your thoughts of the PWK when you are a few weeks in. The fact that you are doing PWK makes it even more interesting. "

I intend on doing a complete writeup/review of it

"Get it? Rooting for you. See what I did there? So clever..."

Harhar :P

Thanks guys, so far I've just started on Buffer Overflows. Can't wait to finish the material and start my assault on the labs.
    2014 Goals
    yzT wrote: »
    Is C that critical for the OSCP? Pure C or C++ is ok as well?
    What I'm doing with C is unrelated to the OSCP certification. That being said, without looking at the syllabus now, I believe shell scripting and Python are used in the course - Maybe Cold Titanium can confirm.
    YFZblu wrote: »
    What I'm doing with C is unrelated to the OSCP certification. That being said, without looking at the syllabus now, I believe shell scripting and Python are used in the course - Maybe Cold Titanium can confirm.
    I asked because it wasn't the first time I read that you need to know C in order to have success in the OSCP.
    Languages that I used in the course included:

Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C

Never used C++ or C#. That's not too say that there aren't any exploits out there that are written in C++ or C#. But if there is any, they are rare...because these languages are not nearly as low level as C.
    That being said...most of the script and code modifications you are going to do will be very basic adjustments that don't require you to have a thorough knowledge of any of these languages. You just need to be able to get a general idea of what they are doing.

Most of the changes you will make will include changing hard-coded IP addresses, hard-coded credentials, hard-coded network ports or shell-code substitution. That's about the extent of it. And all of this is going to be pretty much the same in any of those languages. As long as you can spot where to make those changes, you're good.
    Good information, thanks
    NovaHax wrote: »
    That being said...most of the script and code modifications you are going to do will be very basic adjustments that don't require you to have a thorough knowledge of any of these languages. You just need to be able to get a general idea of what they are doing.

Most of the changes you will make will include changing hard-coded IP addresses, hard-coded credentials, hard-coded network ports or shell-code substitution. That's about the extent of it. And all of this is going to be pretty much the same in any of those languages. As long as you can spot where to make those changes, you're good.

I understand that they provide the exploits, right? Because usually exploits out there have parameters to configure that information.
    From what I know, they don't give you the exploits. It's up to you to find the one that you need for your specific case - be it on exploitdb or somewhere else google leads you. So you do need to know what you're looking for.
    MoP is correct. Half of the course if figuring out the best strategy for attack, based on the environment.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Offensive Security's training strategy is to get students to really think about what they're doing and put things together, not just regurgitating concepts back from a book or two. Real life is often like that where you have to improvise or devise something new just to get seemingly-incompatible elements to work together.

That's hacking. And hacking requires in-depth understanding and some level of imagining beyond the obvious. This is what makes their training so great.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
    docrice wrote: »
    Offensive Security's training strategy is to get students to really think about what they're doing and put things together, not just regurgitating concepts back from a book or two. Real life is often like that where you have to improvise or devise something new just to get seemingly-incompatible elements to work together.

That's hacking. And hacking requires in-depth understanding and some level of imagining beyond the obvious. This is what makes their training so great.

Couldn't agree more! Otherwise, what's the point? This is why offsec courses are so awesome. If they spoon feed you and give you stuff, there would be no point. Trying harder is one of the best parts.
    Well so far I've finished the course materials and gotten into about 8 boxes including ghost and bob. Woo boy, ghost was fun, icon_twisted.gif and Bob can go die in a fire.:)

I'd say it has already been worth it
    2014 Goals
    Glad you are having fun man. The first few boxes are the hardest. Just keep on pressing, and keep us posted :D.
    I think I'm going to postpone the OSCP for a while. Working at mornings, Master's at afternoons/evening.. no time for OSCP! xD
    Great to hear you are having fun! Make us proud! :D
    Thanks guys! I'm having a friggin blast!!!!! This is the most fun I've had in years on computers! Tough, but oh so worth it. If you wanna keep up with where I'm at I usually post some corny remark on my twitter as I get boxes

@MAXCONFUSION
    2014 Goals
  • max_walkermax_walker Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, friend, i want to do OSCP. can any please tell me in India which institute is providing best training for OSCP?
  • deyavideyavi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OSCP is an online course only offered by Offensive Security (www.offensive-security.com)