Please help me with my resume

PSouz7PSouz7 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I made this resume a couple years ago while I was still in High school and all I have done is update it, I haven't changed the format or anything. I think its time for a change

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First of all you defintely need to change the format. Also remove that you completed basic training and technical training. Instead under the education section put in the tech school you attended. For instance when I was in the Air Force I attened RF Transmission Systems tech school. Also describe actual things you have done at work.
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Agreed. That resume needs a lot of work, I would suggest starting over from scratch. There is to much empty space all over that page. Condense it down and add more information.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not an acceptable resume by any standard. Have you looked at other resume threads posted here? There's invaluable advice there. I think you'll be better served by perusing those first, then starting yours fresh while applying what you gathered, and finally re-posting for critique.
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @PSouz, here is a format for IT Resume that you can use. I got this from the web and it is the format I use, hope it helps. You should also take our reference to certification you plan to get. If you also search you will find several other formats.

IT-security-resume-sample.pdf
  • PSouz7PSouz7 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the help! I will build a new resume, using that pdf cyberguypr posted as a reference

I knew it was bad, but didn't know how to fix it