System Databases

knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
Anyone here in the real world implement a backup strategy on these at all? Before I quit my job I noticed we didn't have one, and in my training videos he expresses how important it is to have these backed up.

So I wondered if anyone actually does, and if so what sort of plan they use?
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like all good answers, it is 'it depends'. I would recommend at least master and msdb. Model is only important if you are using it an tempdb is of course, temp. Just include them in your regular full backups (at least daily). They are usually tiny and any effort spent trying to back them up less frequently is probably wasted.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Like all good answers, it is 'it depends'. I would recommend at least master and msdb. Model is only important if you are using it an tempdb is of course, temp. Just include them in your regular full backups (at least daily). They are usually tiny and any effort spent trying to back them up less frequently is probably wasted.

Yeah Master and MSDB would be the ones I would also backup. Didn't see my old company back theirs up and was wondering who else would.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development