Another passed!

ciscouser8429ciscouser8429 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I initially started studying for the CCENT(I was a week away from taking the test), but all emails I got from recruiters required a Sec+ so I decided to stop the Cisco studies and started Sec+. Today I took the test and passed with an 850 (First attempt). I got lots of very useful information from here. Thank you all!!!

BTW any DoD contractors here? If so do you know what actions we need to take for the DoD Directive 8570? Thanks!

As of right now I'm not sure what I will study next. I would love to study for the CISSP since my Director and/or manager could sponsor me, but I think it just might be out of my league.

Comments

• proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I initially started studying for the CCENT(I was a week away from taking the test), but all emails I got from recruiters required a Sec+ so I decided to stop the Cisco studies and started Sec+. Today I took the test and passed with an 850 (First attempt). I got lots of very useful information from here. Thank you all!!!

BTW any DoD contractors here? If so do you know what actions we need to take for the DoD Directive 8570? Thanks!

As of right now I'm not sure what I will study next. I would love to study for the CISSP since my Director and/or manager could sponsor me, but I think it just might be out of my league.

Congrats ! I am studying right now (taking it next week) to meet compliance as well.

I took the CISSP course in college and it was a good time. Like many will say, the CISSP is a a mile wide and an inch deep. It covers a lot of ground... but doesn't dig too deep. If your director/manager will sponsor you, and you have some experience in this type of field, then don't sell yourself short and go for it :D
  • beaucaldwellbeaucaldwell Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
  • QuantumKnightQuantumKnight Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I passed yesterday
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great job!!!
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I am a contractor..directive? I will have to look that up. congrats on the passing.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TeeRTeeTeeRTee Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not a contractor but I do know that all DoD civilian, military and contractors who are in a Informtion Assurance Technical or Management (IAT/IAM) Level positions are have the correct certification for the the IAT/IAM level, are are enrolled in the Continuing Education (CE) program, and release their certificate to the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Well Done! 850 is a great score
  • LostpacketLostpacket Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • YababaYababa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's great I can't wait to get mine.