CISA approval time frame?

!nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering on average how long does it take ISACA to approve application for CISA certification? I know the result is out in 5 weeks now as compared to 8 weeks. But could not find information on actual certification time frame.

Comments

• SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this note from the application / Please allow approximately eight weeks for the processing of your completed Application for CISA Certification. Upon
    approval, you will receive a certificate package via mail containing a letter of certification and your CISA certificate.
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My CISA certification took about 5 weeks from the time that I submitted the forms. I don't know how consistent they are. Since it seems to be a manual process the number may vary.
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From what I've seen it'll take 1-8 weeks*, but is a manual process and most entries come in right after exam results.

* - Your mileage may vary.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Abhishek.uitrgpvAbhishek.uitrgpv Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to give June 2014 CISA Exam, Please provide some tips or free resource for study, i have already given in June 2012 but could not passed.
  • QualitQualit Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want to give June 2014 CISA Exam, Please provide some tips or free resource for study, i have already given in June 2012 but could not passed.

Skim through the CRM to get high level overview per area of study. Review to detail and get the concept, do not bother to cram what you do not yet understand, the exam will hardly ask you to lift answers from the CRM but will avail questions applying the concept in CRM.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My application status is still Unreviewed! Anyone got any different status?
    My CISM is "Unreviewed". The last thing I got was 23 Jan (for context my Application was sent 16 Jan):
    We recently received your application for the CISM certification. By passing the exam and applying for certification, you have taken a significant step in distinguishing yourself from other professionals.

The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 6 weeks) will depend on whether or not we have received all of your documentation (verification form(s), transcripts, etc). Should any additional information be required, you will receive a separate e-mail outlining the missing information.

Effective with applications submitted 1 June 2012 and forward, there is a required USD $50 processing fee for applying for certification. If you have not already done so, payment for the CISM application processing fee can be made online at www.isaca.org/cismpay. Your application cannot be fully processed until the processing fee is paid.

Thank you for your interest in ISACA’s Certification program.

Sincerely,
    ISACA
    Certification Department

CISA should be about the same.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Well wait and watch I guess!
    I should caveat that: That was the last non-ad related email.

I've had three ads in the last 2 days. Thanks for that ISACA.

Got a congratulations email from president of the local chapter! I am sure that went out to all those passed! So you are right they are targeting next lot from now!
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wikiget wrote: »
    I should caveat that: That was the last non-ad related email.

I've had three ads in the last 2 days. Thanks for that ISACA.

I particularly enjoyed every ISACA email that I received during the week that we expected scores to be released. Especially the ads from "ISACA Certifications" - brilliant.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exam Date: 14 December 2013
    Exam Results: 23 January 2014
    Certification Application sent: 27 January 2014
    Certification Approval Notice: 31 January 2014

I'm amazed at their quick processing!
    No such luck hereicon_sad.gif

Having said that it seems that you already have CISA so it may have made it easy for the accessors.
    Status just changed today to 'Under Review'.
    Now status shows : CISA: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Certified through 31 December 2014. [/FONT]