Performance Based Reset Button

longbitslongbits Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been reading about hitting the "reset" button if a performance question does not appear or partially appears. Does this mean if you are on question 3 and you hit the reset button that the answers to the first 2 questions are reset also or just question 3? Do the proctors fill you in on this bit of info? Also, is there a software based programmer calculator available on the exam to quickly resolve decimal to binary to help with the sub-netting questions?

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds like B.S. to me. If there is an exam issue, get the proctor... You get a basic calculator and some scrap paper and have to do it manually.
  • longbitslongbits Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The reset issues is concerning. I will call today and ask prior to taking and see what my Pearson Vue center says. I was hoping for a calculator with ability to switch between dec and bin, as I don't convert that often and the time it takes me to convert 4 to 5 IP's make take a couple mins instead of a min. Just concerned about time to take the test.
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    First of all, there is NOTHING on the exam you will need a calculator for. Finding if 192.168.10.43 falls between a # # # # 255.255.255.# you can do in your head and I did not get a calculator and never heard of them issuing one, I will repeat, "nothing on the exam you will need a calculator for". and 90% of the exam is process of elimination, see you already got a pass icon_cheers.gif .Second. If you hit the reset it will reset that particular simulation, every drag and drop you dropped will be returned or what you typed inside a few blocks. I USED the Reset when my simulation FROZE, had no problems. I actually checked my other sims to make sure. Believe me, if all you are concerned about its the Reset button, you might want to study a few more weeksicon_eek.gif

If you know 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 and how to + and - you are done studying for the SMALL portion of the Subnetting for the Security+ Objective. That you may have one question on. Takes all of 3 minutes and 15 seconds
    Thanks for the extra calculator info. I understand the elimination process pretty well. I just did not want to mark a performance question for review and come back to it after answering all the other questions and reset them all. I plan on taking the test this Monday as I understand all of the concepts delivered in Darril Gibson's book which is what I am using to study; its the remembering details part that sometimes slips...
    :)
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    You are worrying about the wrong things. No need for calculator and if you need to reset something..get a proctor. Focus on the particulars of the test..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    If you have 20 bucks to invest, get on his site and pay for the "Sample" practice questions ONLY for the simulations, not the 250 practice questions ( I did them all), I am sure at least 75 of them came out the book and a combination of the practice test questions book since i bought both books. ... They WILL help you with two or three sims… the other 3 or 4 sims are process of eliminationicon_thumright.gif
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    That's what I did..It was well worth it and you got to focus on what objectives to read more about..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Did and done. Thanks for the extra info. Was only 14.99 BTW