Passed 70-410 R2

jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

Just a quick post to let you know (hopefully with out breaking any rules) about the new R2 exams. Pretty much its just a search and replace of "2012" with "2012 R2" and I didn't see any content that was covered in the update R2 document. I even felt that one of the questions would have a different answer with the new features in R2 than if you did it in 2012. So I picked an answer based on what I knew for 2012.

Biggest thorn in my side was a stupid question about the sc command (which argument does XXXX). I was happy to say for my first MS exam, they made it clear how many answers you needed to pick (eg hot drop - choose three steps). I can see why the yes-no questions are more difficult (and risky). If they are worth 4-5 times a multiple choice question and you don't know it (hint: auditing) then you can go from a pass to a fail very quickly.

In summary no new topics, not saying they wont slowly filter through. Still time for people to pass with out the complete set of 2012 R2 knowledge.

On to 70-411

Comments

• unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm getting ready to take this exam. I'm glad to hear you passed it. What do you mean by Yes/No questions? No need to go into detail but I was jw. I took the 2008 exams and I'm not familiar with any kind of Yes/No questions? Just multiple choice and some drag and drop.
  • jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes/no questions are hard to explain with out giving away too much information. Um.
    Bill only eats fruit with an E in them, jeff only eats vegetables and fruit he doesn't have to peel. Which foods are eatten by Bill and/or Jeff

tomato
    grape
    pizza
    bannanas
    etc

and there is a table with two columns and a bunch of tick boxes for yes/no. but there is no way of knowing how many yes you need to tick.

Also, for anyone one curious, I actually studied 70-410 and then 70-411 before sitting 70-410 exam. The thought was that I would get my MCSA 2012 R2 cert, so I waited for those exams to be released. I would say doing the extra course work probably did help. Perhaps those who are failing should try some 70-411 material?
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats. Try not to wait too long before taking the 411. Now that the basics are fresh in your memory.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • ADVphotographyADVphotography Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank for the suggestion on studying for the 70-411 before taking the 70-410. Sounds like there is a lot of material that would apply towards the 70-410.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have actually heard the same advice. There is a lot in the 411 that helps with the 410 but not as much vice-versa. Good luck on the next one.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!

Thanks for the advice will try it

Good luck on 70-411!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • bherbiebherbie Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2014 Finished Associate in Science in Database Application Development
    2015 Goal
    A+, Network+, and Security+