Options

Use ARCH material to pass DESGN?

mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
I'm going to go for my CCDP before long. I haven't studied any design material yet but do work at a large enterprise and have been a NE for 6 years now.

Does the ARCH OCG contain most of the info found in DESGN? Or do I really need to get DESGN specific material to pass the CCDA?
_______LAB________
2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• Options
    wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    IIRC yes in general terms but the exams are horrible and will ask horribly specific questions on marketing crap for example
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    I asked the same question on this forum and some body gave me this answer "If you can get your hands on the INE videos for the Arch exam by Anthony S, you will be in a good spot. He does a very thorough job of explaining all the concepts. I watched it and did very well on both the DESGN and the ARCH exam. I have a hard time recalling anything that wasn't actually covered in the videos."
  • Options
    The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The ARCH FLG is full of awesomeness and is all you will need for the ARCH exam in my opinion. However, calculating and provisioning power/havac/voip/security and other infrastructure requirements in addition to identifying and aligning a design solution to your clients business goals are all implied knowledge at this point. They are not covered in the same detail as they are in the CCDA reading material.

If you don't have this fundamental knowledge/experience, I would highly recommend reviewing Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions FLG (3rd Edition) and/or Top-Down Network Design (3rd Edition) and familiarize yourself with Cisco Design Zone.
  • Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mzinz wrote: »
    I'm going to go for my CCDP before long. I haven't studied any design material yet but do work at a large enterprise and have been a NE for 6 years now.

Does the ARCH OCG contain most of the info found in DESGN? Or do I really need to get DESGN specific material to pass the CCDA?

What I found to be really Helpful was the OCG along with the Skillsoft training modules (if you have the budget is like 500$). But I feel I learned the most from the Skillsoft training module and felt the exam content was very much related to the sample questions in their.
  • Options
    mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'll start with Top-Down/ARCH/INE videos and see how it goes.
    _______LAB________
    2x 2950
    2x 3550
    2x 2650XM
    2x 3640
    1x 2801