So the 70-412 R2 version...

Seems they are removing exam material from the 70-412. With the additions and removals, would anyone agree if the CBT videos would be sufficient enough for the exam still? I need to get this exam done in the next 2-3 months and don't have 4-6 months to wait for new material to come out for this exam.

Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)

Tasks removed and covered in exam 414:
Configure Claims Provider Trust rules; configure attribute stores including Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS); manage AD FS certificate; configure AD FS proxy; integrate with Cloud Services Web Application proxy with AD

Install and configure Active Directory Rights

Tasks removed and covered in exam 414:
Manage AD RMS client deployment; manage Trusted User Domains; manage Trusted Publishing Domains; manage Federated Identity support

With the removal of most of the AD FS material on this exam, I heard it will make this one about as easy as the 70-411.
Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)

Comments

• MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Thegg -

Where did you see this information? I scheduled to take exam on Friday. I was hoping I would beat the inclusion of the new material.
    Hey I found it on the MS site but it still doesn't state a date other than sometime in January. Unfortunately, I find the chart they provide confusing as well. Not very clearly worded as to if it is a change or an addition or what. It also talks about the 414 which is a completely different exam (which is what threw me off on your initial posting).
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    It seems they decided the AD Fed material was more for the MCSE exams rather then the MCSA. Yea I have not yet seen a post that specifies the date where the material changes. So I am just going to study up until the 20th or so then take the exam and see what happens. Most colleagues of mine at my job suggest they will make the change when they expire the old exams. Which would make since as they would just make the huge changes to their database in 1 day rather then multiple times in the same month. So I am praying we have until the 31st.
    Good thing for 2nd shot. And they are giving 20% off on the purchase of the 412 exam also. So it is a double win. Probably encouraging people to just take the exam now rather than waiting until Feb or something.
  • GaberGaber Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Couple of weeks before R2 is introduced on the 28th

MCSA: Windows 8 and MCSA: Windows Server 2012 exams to be updated January 28, 2014 - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

might try to squeeze an exam in before it changes :)
    Thanks for finding that! I take the 412 next wednesday. If lady luck isn't on my side, then I will schedule it for the very next week so I can beat that deadline.
    Good to know the date. If I thought I could do it, I would try to get the 413 out of the way before that but I just don't think that is realistic with my work schedule. Good luck to those of you about to take it.
    MSSoftie - If I am correct, the 413 and 414 won't get the R2 material until April. That link that was shared says the 410, 411, and 412 are getting the R2 info.

Microsoft Certification Exams update to Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 from January 2014 | Hyperbole, Embellishment, and Systems Administration Blog

So we still have a chance to get MCSE before the changes (Assuming I pass 412 by the 28th).
    That's great news. May was my target to finish but I am on schedule (so far) to finish in April. This is just a little extra motivation for me.
  • relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So if I take my test tomorrow or Friday do I need to know RMS or ADFS?
    ah I just re-read the blog post and it seems I have until the 28th to take the current test which I think I will do as that is what CBT covers along with practice exams.
    Correct. and speaking since I passed this exam, yes you will need to know those topics.
  • fsoaresfsoares Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any news on the 70-412 exam ? have you passed ?
    Yep, I passed on the 24th with a 745 icon_cheers.gif on to the 70-413