When applying directly on an employers website

SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
When applying directly on an employers website do you guys fill out the entire dang application everytime.

20 or so of these things could make you go insane. Half the time it's asking for the exact same information in my resume or the same information from the job board profile.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yes fill it out. A lot of times that is what people internal to the company are looking at to decide if they want to open your resume and read it. Besides you don't want to be the lazy guy with a half filled out application.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, best to fill them out completely. If you're going to be applying for a lot of jobs, you might look into some kind of form automation software if you notice similar fields throughout the various applications.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This has come up beforeand we agree it is a hassle. Unfortunately you gotta play by they rules if you want to be considered.
  • SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah automation software is what I'm thinking about. But it's kind of absurd they ask you for the exact same stuff that's on your resume. I was thinking maybe the ones that actually want you to fill out that stuff have the position pre-filled.
    They do it because it populates the software the companies HR department uses to get your experience, education, qualifications and so on into a central database so they can look over the pool of applicants through the same interface rather than go mad by searching through 100's to 1000's of resumes that follow no formatting standard as they look for what they desire.
  • SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone know of such a software ?
    Roboform was one I recall from years back, not sure if it's still around. iMacros is a Firefox plugin that could do what you're looking to do as well.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I filled one out yesterday that took forever, entire sections where you had to rate your skills, like 100+ of them. My only hope was that no one else would bother taking so much time to fully complete the (entirely too many steps) form.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Copy and paste is your only hope