Options

I am beginner to ccent/ccna need help!

Harryson619Harryson619 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
my name is harry I am beginner to Cisco certification I am planing to study for ccent icnd1
kindly suggest best book for study and how to prepare for my ccent.can i only pass with reading books and packet tracer activities or I have to get physical experience. does ccna have lab exam or computer based exam thanks.:)

Regards,
harry

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Welcome!

The Official Certification Guide from Cisco would be a good source for you. PacketTracer will be good for you to practice, you can make all the mistakes you want in there and not have to get the sinking feeling of downing a production environment (not that I have ever done that. *gulp* )

The exams will be a mix of both, multiple choice and then you will be presented with a simulation where you will complete a configuration based on what the sim asks. It's good stuff and will be easy for you if you follow the OCG and put in the Packet Tracer time. Knowing the commands will be of paramount importance for you.

show running-config
    copy running-config startup-config
    show ip interface brief
    show interface description
    show interface status
    show interface F0/1 or G0/1 or S1/0
    show ip interface F0/1 or G0/1 or S1/0
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    Justin123Justin123 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'am also almost in the same boat. i'am a beginner to the CCNA field and i would just like to know where to start off at
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Justin123 wrote: »
    I'am also almost in the same boat. i'am a beginner to the CCNA field and i would just like to know where to start off at

CCENT? Look into purchasing the OCG and run some lab scenarios through PacketTracer. : )
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    mk01mk01 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I could suggest something - Jeremy Cioara and CBT Nuggets. That is the best way to start. He explains thing in a very, very easy way!
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    I would like to add the study guides written by Wendell Odom and Todd Lammle, both experts in their field!

Good luck to you :)
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    Harryson619Harryson619 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks All for your Help.
    I want to ask does you have to give only computer based exam mcqs questions in ccna icnd1 or are there lab exam also?
    Regards,
    Harry
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For CCENT I HIGHLY recommend either (or both) Todd Lammle's book and Wendell Odom's book. I bought the book that Lammle wrote - his style of writing is very good. Odom is very precise and goes into depth on subjects, which is REALLY good.

If you're in the market for videos, check out Udemy.com. Chris Bryant is an excellent teacher.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S