What after CEH ? Security + or ?

umesh_345umesh_345 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys ,

I have one question. I have done CEH. I have about 1 year experience in security field. Bt nt in administration. Now i want to grab another cert in security field.

So i am thinking f Security +. But what u think about CEH Vs. Security + ?

Or anyone can suggest another cert after CEH in security field ?

Kind Regards
Umesh

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I would suggest looking into ISC2.org's SSCP certification considering your 1 year of experience, which is the minimum requirement for the SSCP. SSCP covers similar but a wider range of topics. Other certs to consider are Cisco's CCSP or Checkpoint's CCSA certification. It all depends on your goals and what you plan to do with the knowledge and skills you gain.
  • keywakeywa Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 3 week CEH course from QuickCerts and felt I could not pass the CEH exam after the study. So I thought the Security+ test would be easier to do before the CEH. After 2 1/2 months of Security+ study I still feel the Security+ exam is easier than the CEH. The Security+ is alot of general concepts, methods, models with some details to learn. I feel the CEH is alot of detail about alot of hacking tools. If you have passed the CEH, then alot of the material you know can be carried over to the Security+ easily and would be an excellent cert to add to your list.
  • sunnysysadmsunnysysadm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had thought about doing the CEH at one time, but if you ever do a job search on monster or any of the other popular websites, how many times do you actually see a company wanting someone with the CEH certificate ?? I never have found anyone looking for it. As for Security, I think the CISSP still reins supreme.

Sunny
  • lightweightlightweight Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CEH is not as well known as other certs out there, but for me, it is my next step. I am looking to do penetration testing eventually, and for that the CEH will help me the most for what I need. I forgone the CISSP because the job offers I was getting when I put CISSP on my resume were for more MGMT positions.
  • gargeyakgargeyak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had thought about doing the CEH at one time, but if you ever do a job search on monster or any of the other popular websites, how many times do you actually see a company wanting someone with the CEH certificate ?? I never have found anyone looking for it. As for Security, I think the CISSP still reins supreme.

Sunny

This is my exact question. I am CEH v8 Certified MCA Fresher. I spent almost 5-6 months searching for pure security related job. Let me get this straight... "There are NO jobs for CEH." I am hoping that there will be in future. Till then one has to constantly upgrade skills when time comes.
    Now I am working in a data center as L1 support for windows(which is partially related to security).
    Any expert advice?