JNCIS-FWV Questions.....

LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!

I was cruising the Juniper website and found this cert (JNCIS-FWV). According to the site there are no preresiquites for this cert.

That being said, anyone know where a ScreenOS demo or trial can be found? Also is there any way to run SRX in the same way as Olive? Would love to find a way to lab this up without having to pay for lab time. Any other tips, or those who have taken the exam, would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)

Comments

• brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that JNCIS-FWV is retired certification. They moved the whole security stuff to security track JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-SEC/JNCIE-SEC.
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    https://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/firewall/

Don't see any note of it here..... I'm a little confused to say the least. At any rate, is there any possibility to emulate the SRX in the say way as Olive? Thanks again!
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There was an webcast from Juniper Education Services with the new Security track. But SRX is based on JunOS not ScreenOS - you should use SSG series.
    You can emulate SRX - look for Juniper FireFly virtual machine.

--
    Regards
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am pretty sure the JNCIS-FWV is still an active and supported certification. The JNCIA-FWV however has been retired.

Like brombulec stated, the JNCIS-FWV is a ScreenOS based certification. This would be using Netscreen devices, ISGs, and SSGs. This certification has absolutely nothing to do with the SRX or Junos. As far as I know, there is no way for you emulate a ScreenOS device. I'm sure it may have been done somewhere, but your honest best bet would be to pick up a cheap Netscreen device from eBay.

JNCIx-SEC is a Junos SRX based certification. This you can emulate as mentioned by brombulec.
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brombulec wrote: »
    There was an webcast from Juniper Education Services with the new Security track. But SRX is based on JunOS not ScreenOS - you should use SSG series.
    You can emulate SRX - look for Juniper FireFly virtual machine.

--
    Regards

Any idea if I can aquire the Firefly VM with just a guest account? Download is asking for a login, and I'm not registered....

Thanks again for the tip! :)