Options

Assistance in GNS3

maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
Can some one assist me and direct me how I can visualize ASA and run it on my computer using GNS3.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Everything you need is in here Cisco ASA 8.4 on GNS3 - XeruNetworks

The ASA on GNS is not very stable and if you are working with 2 ASAs it can get frustrating but when you have no other way, it will do.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank u for the link.
  • Options
    joeypants05joeypants05 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you keep the labs with ASAs simple. I recently got it working on my macbook pro and originally had it running on a VM but it kept crashing because of a lack of resources. Even running just on my macbook I still only would create specific labs for what I was doing. If you are practicing client less, SSL client or IPSEC client just have one ASA and a VM host/ however you want to test it. Initially I had routers, two ASAs etc on a lab but the strain on the system would cause dynamips to crash and/or one/both instances of the ASA to crash.

Also when installing GNS make sure to get the all-in one windows version or the newest OSX version. If you don't it might not have QEMU on it and the ASA emulation requires it.
  • Options
    MikeyMacMikeyMac Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heavily recommend GNS3 Workbench: RedNectar's Blog | … Chris Welsh's memory backup

Linux OVA that can be run on any machine with horsepower to spare, and Linux has a great track record for stability and scale with Dynamips.