70-414 tomorrow....

I will be sitting for the 414 in 12 hours. I will let everyone know how it goes. Only really used the CBT videos.
Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck to you!!!
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    Passed 940/1000. Be sure to learn System Center and Virtual Machine Manager. You will want to know when to use Service Manager, Orchestrator, Configuration Manager, and Operations Manager. Know what Cluster Aware Updating is best used for. Also, pay attention to the CBT videos about the certificate infrastructure.

Gonna take a small break from exams. Brain is fried.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man!!!
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Very nice! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job man! Congrats to you!!

I am going for this exam myself in the next few weeks. It is bit of a nightmare to study for, as there is quite a lot of content when you throw System Center in the mix (Still not happy there is no study guide to follow, like the MSpress). I have been using CBT, Born To Learn links, and my lab for my studying. Luckily I have used all the System Center products before in the last generation, and currently use this generation of SCCM and SCVMM quite a lot.

I am brushing up on SCOM, Service Manager, and Orchestrator in my lab environment. I am happy with all the Server 2012 topics such as Clustering and Certificates etc. Still to this day never had to implement AD-RMS but I have played with it in the lab, understand when and why you use it, which was enough to get me through my MCITP:EA.
    fly2dw wrote: »
    Good job man! Congrats to you!!

I am going for this exam myself in the next few weeks. It is bit of a nightmare to study for, as there is quite a lot of content when you throw System Center in the mix (Still not happy there is no study guide to follow, like the MSpress). I have been using CBT, Born To Learn links, and my lab for my studying. Luckily I have used all the System Center products before in the last generation, and currently use this generation of SCCM and SCVMM quite a lot.

I am brushing up on SCOM, Service Manager, and Orchestrator in my lab environment. I am happy with all the Server 2012 topics such as Clustering and Certificates etc. Still to this day never had to implement AD-RMS but I have played with it in the lab, understand when and why you use it, which was enough to get me through my MCITP:EA.

It seems like you should be able to grasp alot of the material with ease then. Unfortunately, I am never sure on what to shed light on as I don't know when I would be breaking the non-disclosure agreement with MS.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like I should look into this soon since System Center is still on the brain from the 74-409
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    It seems like you should be able to grasp alot of the material with ease then. Unfortunately, I am never sure on what to shed light on as I don't know when I would be breaking the non-disclosure agreement with MS.

Hopefully so...

I see once you have rested up you have 70-688 on your radar, have you done any prep for that yet (Not trying to ruin your relaxation mode)? I also want to take that exam, but as with the 70-414 due to the lack of centralised resources it is a pain. I have put in a couple of App-V deployments at work and I use DART, but that is about it. Never had to put MED-V in as my workplace would always go to Citrix before they went that route, same reason I have only done a couple of of App-V deployments. The other tools are fine and I have put them in place, but there isn't much demand for them (I am talking about AGPM and MBAM). Never even touched UE-V, but I watched a demo on it. If I can get 70-414 out the way I will brush up on all these as well as the other objectives and go for the exam.

You can get a free trial of Windows Intune (One of the exam objectives) which will be helpful as you can see it in action:

Windows Intune | Microsoft
    Thanks. I am debating on whether to use the existing Windows 8 material with Technet articles or wait for CBT to publish the 8.1 videos. I checked on their soon to be released vides and 8.1 isn't even on the schedule. So I may be waiting for awhile if I chose to wait on CBT. With the second shot, I may risk it later this month.
  • CCNPforSureCCNPforSure Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats .. have 2 friends taking it on friday
    Thank you. And good luck to them.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    Passed 940/1000. .

Congratulations the pass!!!
    By the way awesome score.icon_thumright.gif
  • bherbiebherbie Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2014 Finished Associate in Science in Database Application Development
    2015 Goal
    A+, Network+, and Security+
  • SamMerlotteSamMerlotte Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Motivational post. That's a great score stemming just from CBTNuggets. Did you lab any of the things covered in the video, or simply watch the videos?
    I watched the videos and took notes on what I thought was important. I was afraid I was going to fail as I failed the 413 the first time but I found that with this one, the material was a little easier to grasp.