Options

What cert should I go after N+?

grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
Should I follow through with S+?
1776 is the answer to 1984!

Comments

• Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That would depend on which career path you want to take, most people in these forums recommended the CompTIA trio as a solid foundation so getting a Sec+ cert would complete your CompTIA trio but you can also go higher depending on the career path you would like to take.
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Snow.bros. Personally, I'd go for the Sec+ just to top off the three core CompTIA certs and then decide which way you want to go...
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    Paulieb81Paulieb81 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just joined today finally after viewing the forums for so very long. I too am asking myself the same question. I want to go up the CCNA-Security route, but also want to get my CompTIA Sec+, so it's one way or the other, but both are somewhat related.

I guess the answer to both our question is which cert do you think will help you most landing your next job / promotion? Which cert will be harder to obtain based on current knowledge and experience?

I just noticed also, I'm in your neck of the woods.
    Going back to school to finish my B.S.
    Goals for 2017: Security+, CCNA = NOT DONE YET
    Goals for 2018: VCP6, PMI CAPM, ITIL, Six Sigma
    ... and when there is time: MCSE, CCNA Security
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    If you want to go up the security path, get Security+ then go for CCNA and CCNA Security. The Security+ exam will give you a good foundation in security that will make it easier to absorb the CCNA Security material.