Options

Passes 98-366

Hi all,

Passed this afternoon - it's the first exam I've taken since I was at school so I'm pleased to have passed even though it was fairly straight forward!

I studied for about 2 weeks using the Darril Gibson book, Train Signal (plurasight) and measure up tests.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    citrus_sugarcitrus_sugar Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this as a final for my college class in a few weeks. Have you taken the Net+? Is it comparable?
    Goals for 2014: Summer Internship, Graduate, Net+, Sec+, CCENT
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have not taken the Net+, but I took the 98-366 today.

I did study for the Net+ a couple years back for about a month. My feeling is the 98-366 will be substantially easier than the Net+

35 questions for the MTA, and nearly everyone can be figured out if you study the objectives on Microsofts description of the cert.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I've haven't taken N+ yet, that's next on my list and hopefully I'll be doing it at the end of next month.

I'd probably agree with SweenMachine and say that 98-366 isn't really comparable to N+ in terms of difficulty. Of course it does cover a lot of the same topics as N+ but it doesn't go into the same depth.

I took 98-366 as part of my build up to doing N+ in the same way a lot of people would do N+ in the build up to CCNA, I haven't sat any exams since I left school so this was a way for me to get used to studying again without having the pressure of taking a harder cert.

Now I know what works best for me in terms of studying, I can better plan my prep for N+ and other certs I hope to take after that.

Tbh the Darril Gibson book seemed to cover everything so if you read that a couple of times you won't go far wrong.

Hope that helps!

Alex