Advice needed - Getting myself on the road again

wizkieswizkies Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Getting myself back on the road and trying to get some advice on google and got me landed on this great forum!

I have an overall 7+ IT experience, My Career summary below;

Year
Company
Designation

Company A - MNC
Level 1 Helpdesk

Company A - MNC
Level 2 Helpdesk

Company B - MNC
IT Administrator

Company B - MNC
IT Administrator / Team Lead

Company C - MNC
Senior Desktop Engineer

2013-Present
Company C - MNC
Server Administrator and Senior Desktop Engineer

I only have 1 certification which is windowsXP-Configuration,Administration way back 2008

I want to get more certifications again to get a better opportunity and role. I need an advice on which certification should get next.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Comments

• bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Hello, wizkies, and welcome :)

I would first ask you exactly what role are you looking for? Network+ should be a good start, as would CCNA. You might also consider MCSA/MCSE for either Windows Server 2008/2012, depending on what you feel is appropriate.

Good luck to you!
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • wizkieswizkies Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks bull313 ! I appreciate! As for now, I am looking for a certifications that I can use for the next 5 to 10 years.
    At the moment I am working on software deployment, OS deployment, software packaging. More on SCCM kind of stuffs and i like it.

I am planning to get System Center 2012 yet I do not know if that will put me back on the road. Most of the job opening here in Singapore requires certification. They shortlist the people that had certifications most of the time.
  • 504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wizkies, I am at the same point you are career wise and I agree with bull313. I am Microsoft certified also and want more certs. I started studying for Network plus and will go from there. The new MCSA is a good place to start as well.
  • wizkieswizkies Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @504tech

How long have you been in the industry? Network+ or CCNA? most of the hiring companies now prefers CCNA holder.