Options

E-Book resources available through your public Library? (Safari Books Online FREE!!)

filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Guys,

Just checking to see if you have your local library cards! My local library offers Safari Books Online for FREE if you enter your library card number to log in. The collection that is available actually has a larger amount of books available than my graduate school library student access, which is pretty remarkable.

2014-02-13%2007_01_18-eBooks%20%E2%80%94%20eBooks%20%26%20Digital%20Media.png
CISSP, CCNA SP
Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller

Comments

• Options
    LOL, look at the difference in what my grad school provides and my local library:

Grad School:

2014-02-13%2007_06_29-Proquest%20Tech%20%26%20Business%20Books%20-%20Home.png

Local Library:

2014-02-13%2007_07_38-ProQuest%20Tech%20Books%20-%20Home.png
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    My grad school does offer Books 24x7 which is excellent and makes up for Safari though.

Books 24x7 is nice because it does not require flash and thus makes it easier to browse through a mobile browser. The flash support in Firefox for Android works on Safari, but the pages render really small and it is unreadable.

The Play Store apps are not available for use with the library access/login for Safari icon_sad.gif
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you for sharing.