Is this possible

maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
Will CISCO allow some one to start CCNP security with 642- exam path and complete the path with 300- exams after 21st April? I would like to know if I can start with 642-637 and complete my certification with 300-207 for example.

Comments

• SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you, I had expected that some one has to take one way or an other, not to mix the two.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Cisco always allow you to mix old and new exams. It will be fine.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Still trying to figure out why Cisco is spelled in all caps as often as it is.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
    Because they are a big, badass company :D

a little off topic:
    I hope you are going strong on SECURE. I feel like I've really uped the tempo recently and things are going great.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Because they are a big, badass company :D

a little off topic:
    I hope you are going strong on SECURE. I feel like I've really uped the tempo recently and things are going great.

Thanks Master, likewise. I've been chipping away at it little by little and have an organized notes page with about 30 or so pages with commands and concepts. Ive been a little side tracked because I've been doing some security interviews and need to say that I'm really glad I've been doing these certs instead of just relying on a college degree. The questions that come up in the technical interviews are almost always right out of the certificate curriculum or are based on the knowledge one way or another, including experience. I'd like to hammer out SECURE before the end of April.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I recall seeing that there was a time limit on how long you can use the old exams towards earning the CCNP Security, I want to say it was December 15. But I don't see that listed on the site anymore. Am I thinking of something else?
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I recall seeing that there was a time limit on how long you can use the old exams towards earning the CCNP Security, I want to say it was December 15. But I don't see that listed on the site anymore. Am I thinking of something else?

It's all on the migration path for CCNP Security, yes there is a time limit for all of them.

CCNP Security Certification Exams Migration Path - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Vask3n wrote: »
    Thanks Master, likewise. I've been chipping away at it little by little and have an organized notes page with about 30 or so pages with commands and concepts. Ive been a little side tracked because I've been doing some security interviews and need to say that I'm really glad I've been doing these certs instead of just relying on a college degree. The questions that come up in the technical interviews are almost always right out of the certificate curriculum or are based on the knowledge one way or another, including experience. I'd like to hammer out SECURE before the end of April.

So you are transitioning into security? That's great! I think the CCNP Security is bound to have a positive effect here(like you already experienced).

P.S: I think I finally managed to wrap my head around DMVPN and get a firm grasp of it.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks Vask3n, I'm sure it was on the main CCNP Security page before.
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Thanks Vask3n, I'm sure it was on the main CCNP Security page before.

You got it, I find that diagram really puts the whole process in perspective.