Has anyone taken the LPI Linux Essentials Exam?

ivanfaprivanfapr Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently studying for this exam and I would like to know if anyone could give some feed back about it. I know some people that I have spoke to, told me to start with the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI but I decided to start with the LPI Linux Essentials Exam. I know everyone has different opinions about this. I am currently reading the All in One LPI Linux Essentials Certification Exam Guide (McGraw-Hill) by Robb Tracy (I'm reading the last chapter of the book). In addition to this study guide, I'm using a Linux & LPIC Quick Reference Guide that I found while browsing the Internet (http://perso.crans.org/~raffo/books/linux-lpic-guide.pdf). I set up a virtual lab with CentOS, Ubuntu, and OpenSUSE virtual machines to practice for the exam.

Thank you.

Comments

• nyknicksfannyknicksfan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It doesn't make sense to study for just the LPIC-1 exam since CompTIA has an agreement that if you pass the Linux+, you are eligible to also get the LPIC-1. However, if you pass the LPIC-1, you cannot automatically get the Linux+. I would suggest setting up some CentOS and Ubuntu VM's and study for the Linux+. If you follow the procedure in the link, once you complete the Linux+, you also get the LPIC-1.
  • coughlan22coughlan22 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ivanfapr wrote: »
    I'm currently studying for this exam and I would like to know if anyone could give some feed back about it. I know some people that I have spoke to, told me to start with the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI but I decided to start with the LPI Linux Essentials Exam. I know everyone has different opinions about this. I am currently reading the All in One LPI Linux Essentials Certification Exam Guide (McGraw-Hill) by Robb Tracy (I'm reading the last chapter of the book). In addition to this study guide, I'm using a Linux & LPIC Quick Reference Guide that I found while browsing the Internet (http://perso.crans.org/~raffo/books/linux-lpic-guide.pdf). I set up a virtual lab with CentOS, Ubuntu, and OpenSUSE virtual machines to practice for the exam.

Thank you.

I am set to take the Linux Essential exam this week. It looks like you already took the exam since it's listed under your certifications. I was wondering if you could provide any additional information?

How many questions was it?
    Was it multiple choice? True false? Fill in the blank?
    If you have a handle on the basic concepts, were the answers fairly obvious? Or did they try to trick you with details?

Thanks,
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Curious as to how your test went? I see you updated your cert list so I know you passed ;) Looking for more information on this exam.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna