Options

Another Security+ pass

mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Pretty bummed with my score, but I passed. Scored an 820. Gibson's book is very helpful, that's pretty much the only thing that I used. The mistake I made was studying for the exam and taking months to actually register and take it due to lack of time... but it wasn't anything crazy. The performance-based questions were pretty easy.

The only difficult part about it is the wording. Questions deliberately worded to confuse you and some answers that you would think are correct (as per definition) are actually incorrect, despite one answer actually making more sense than the others. Only been out of college a few months so this is my first cert.

Up next (in this order I think) I will go for:

Network+
CCENT
CCNA
SSCP
CEH
CISSP
CISA

Long-term goals! haha

Comments

• Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Congrats on the pass!
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Congratulations on the passicon_thumright.gif… Skip Network+, just playing (NOT) but how do you really know what answers you answered incorrect?? ? that print out you get is so broad and not specific at all to the questions, more to the subjects.
  • Options
    TavikWinterTavikWinter Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations mfrat1114, a pass is a pass regardless! I'll be taking my Security+ test (my first cert as well) Tuesday 25th at 12:45pm (Eastern Time). I'm using the Kindle version of Gibson's book and so far I love his book...very easy to read and comprehend. Good luck on your future journey.
  • Options
    mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dpsmooth15 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the passicon_thumright.gif… Skip Network+, just playing (NOT) but how do you really know what answers you answered incorrect?? ? that print out you get is so broad and not specific at all to the questions, more to the subjects.

You are correct -- I do not know exactly what answers were wrong, but I do have an idea. I changed a few at the end that I probably should have left, too. I flagged the ones that I figured I may have answered incorrectly. The wording for some of the questions was quite dumb!!
  • Options
    Cyber_spaceCyber_space Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What is the full title of the book? Did you have prior knowledge before taking the exam? I am trying to decide if I should take the net+ or security+ first? I am getting my master's in information assurance and I wanted to do security+ but I don't want to waste money on an exam if I am not up to par yet.
  • Options
    TavikWinterTavikWinter Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The book is titled CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SYO-301 Study Guide. Here is a link to it on Amazon.com.

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide: Darril Gibson: 9781463762360: Amazon.com: Books

Hope this helps you :)
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck with Network+ and CCNA.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, and best of luck with your future studies

Carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass! Get used to the cert wording, clients word things screwy also :)