Options

memorize all details and numbers in A+ ???

ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

This is my first post here and i would like to thank everyone here from admin to all members.
I was checking this forum a lot recently, reading stories and experiences....

Just finished Bs in Telecom and Networks and right now I'm taking CCNA academy class.
Since i think that i didn't get the proper education from that college, and since I'm currently unemployed and have a lot of time, i will be pursuing Comptia's certs.

A friend gave me his A+ for dummies book, I have good experience in playing with my pc and those of friends, but there are a lot of details like bus speeds and bandwidth of some very old technologies like ISA, MCA, VESA...

Honestly i'm not good in memorizing numbers, and i think this is hard on me. So is it the book? not good enough?
Or that's all required for the test and I should do my best?
Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
Learning: Python, C and C++

Comments

• Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are lots and lots of A+ books and guides, but the A+ has been around a long time. The objectives have changed many times over the years...

Check the books publishing date. It is likely WAY outdated for what is on the current objectives.

-scott
  • Options
    ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are lots and lots of A+ books and guides, but the A+ has been around a long time. The objectives have changed many times over the years...

Check the books publishing date. It is likely WAY outdated for what is on the current objectives.

-scott

Just re-checked it's the 2nd edition based on 220-701/220-702. I'll get a new book for sure but amazed how changes Comptia did on the new exams so it differs that much!

Any suggestions on a good ebook that I can get from amazon?
    Shipping a hard copy book internationally cost too much icon_sad.gif

Also found this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/90943-certification-220-801-cpu-questions.html
    Maybe i'm just worrying too much...

thanks for the help scott
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++