25% EIGRP
25% OSPF
5% BGP
15% IPV6
15% Redistribution IPV6 or IPV4
5% Layer 3 path control
5% teleworker and branch services

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/exams/docs/642-902_route.pdf

Most of the exam material is a few years older than this and has a much higher percentage focused on BGP and less on IPV6.

Does anyone have any insight into this ?

Comments

• Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Layer 3 Path control is 10%. I would follow the pdf, unless you can find a revision to it. CCNP is more based on your internal network, which is why I'm going to go ahead and assume it has a higher weight on EIGRP and OSPF. I have yet to take any exams, but this is just my logic
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    The percentages tell you the number of questions on each topic, and not how much material you need to read to be able to answer those questions.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I myself having taken the exam now twice icon_sad.gif Feel this Blue print is dead on. I also started a thread on this same discussion not too long ago as well (so you can get further opinions)

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/97439-route-blue-print-weights.html

On that note, because BGP only contains a 5% coverage of the exam I beleive the strong knowlege of BGP will be more required for CCIP instead. I deal with carrier / ISP related issue all the time at my work so I may consider this as a next are to focus a CCNP specialization.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi