First Attempt at CISSP...Nailed it...(18th Feb 2014) - Sydney

ritesh.bhakuniritesh.bhakuni Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey hi friends,

It's my time to contribute to the forum now. Have been waiting for this day since 3 months now.

Well I passed CISSP today 18th Feb 2014. It was my first attempt, have been into InfoSec for about 7 years now. Hmm the whole exam experience was intense, no matter how many quiz questions you study, or practice exams you pass, its no where close to what you get at the exams.

Study, Study and Study more...and try to understand the basics more...How it works, how it differs from other alternatives/improved technologies etc..etc.. :)

Study material used -

Eric Conrad study guide 2nd edition
Eleventh Hour 2nd edition (hmm its ok ok, had ebook version, studied whenever & wherever I could)
Shon Harris 6th edition (for Crypto & Telecom...aahhh also for the exercise exams at the end of all chapters)
Official CBK (read the whole book a week before exams to study contents not covered in rest of the books and as other forum
members mentioned it had good BCP, IPSec content)
CCCure Test Engine (good & informative...did help to grasp many topics like Access Control Models, Crypto etc)

Also had made my own notes prepared while processing all of the above and stuck to it as my Eleventh Hour Revision Guide :)

So after 5 hrs 45 mins, I passed the exam. Very happy, excited but felt completely drained.

Biggest mistake - went to exam without having a goodnight sleep, did put a toll on me...Well I tried to but couldn't coz of my usual nocturnal habits and nervousness of the exam maybe :)

Well all I can say - It was ALL worth it....over to Endorsement now :)

Cheers mate!!!

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • engrsashengrsash Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dear ritesh, I found Greg better than Eric, what you say?
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, where did you take the exam in Sydney?
  • ritesh.bhakuniritesh.bhakuni Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    engrsash wrote: »
    Dear ritesh, I found Greg better than Eric, what you say?

Well I would say, Eric's book is a high level book, not dealing with too much of fundamentals but still helping you understand the concept. And that's why I used Shon & CBK both for topics in which I needed more in-depth details..(for e.g. Crypto, Telecom etc.)

Haven't read Greg, so cant comment about it!!!

Cheers!!!
  • ritesh.bhakuniritesh.bhakuni Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    !nf0s3cure wrote: »
    Congratulations, where did you take the exam in Sydney?

Venue was: Level 6, 287 Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
    You get outside the Museum station and the exam center is right across the street.

Cheers!!!
  • manas1978manas1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Ritesh! Can you please share your notes, if you dont mind.

thanks,
    manas1978 at gmail
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • mrkdiskmrkdisk Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads.. hoping to do the same in a couple of months.