* TechExams’ 4th Anniversary *

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Today, June 5 2006, it’s been 4 years since I started TechExams.net and the forums. It doesn’t feel like 4 years though, but time really does fly when you’re having fun. It’s been a good year with lots of new and active members and some valuable additions to our moderators team. The continuously growing wealth of information, and the professional and friendly manner in which it is shared, is more than I could have wished for 4 years ago when I posted the first topic. We are currently serving over 4000 visitors per day, and plan to grow much bigger. And better.

One of the things we are currently working on, to achieve this growth, is a major update of our practice test software. If you haven’t yet, you can read about the upcoming new features here. With the new test engine, we are also going to add more practice questions, more frequently, and for more exams and certifications.

Within several weeks, I will finally release the updated version of the Network+ TechNotes, including an updated Special Edition PDF with even more questions. I hope to be able to finish the Security+ TechNotes shortly after. Although we probably won’t release a SE for the 70-270 exam, I am going to finish the remaining TechNotes for that one soon as well, and combine them in a free PDF. Quite frankly these TechNotes have been delayed for too long already and I want to get them out of the way so I can spend more time on other exams. We are also going to try ten times harder than last years to find experienced writers/professionals who can contribute material for other exams. This includes primarily Microsoft, Cisco, CWNP, and InfoSec exams, but we are also looking to expand the range of certifications and vendors for which we provide free study material 'and' new forums.

If you have any ideas on how we can improve, suggestions, comments, complaints even, please do post them in the Comments and Suggestions forum. Also feel free to shoot me a PM, or use our Contact Form if you rather make comments/suggestions privately.

Last but not least, I want to thank RussS, Ten9t6, Plantwiz, JDMurray, Keatron and 2lazybutsmart for becoming a moderator and sticking around to help out in the forums and behind the scenes. Your support has always been invaluable and I hope you’ll all be part of this community for a long time to come. I also want to thank all the visitors, guests, members, and lurkers, and the active forum members in particular. You’re the blood pumping through the veins of TechExams.net and keep this community alive!

With high regards,
Johan Hiemstra
TechExams.net

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I think i can safely say this for all the other members too that the biggest thanks go to you Johan for starting this and the effort and work you put into it on a daily basis. Im sure members old and new will continue to be thankful for your work and assistance with obtaining their certifications.

So in summary:

Cheers!

[Edit] Cheers to the mods too! [/Edit]
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I couldnt thank you enough for this site. This is my primary site for info on certifications. You and alot of your moderators have been great in answering all of my questions. Thank you!
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I wanted to add my thanks to those already here, this site has been my favourite resource throughout my certifications. it's a wonderful community with great moderators and a member base who never fail in the quality and thoughtfulness behind the advice that is given.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Happy Anniversary!

And as its been said, the biggest thanks is to you Johan, you've done a great job here and even if it takes everyone to make it as good as it is, without you to have started things, we'd not be at this point!

So thank you :D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, Johan!

Can you really try 10 times harder?! If anyone can, it will be you!

Many thanks for everything!

Mike
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Happy Anniversary! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Johan, I'm very happy to have a "virtual" home here with you, helping to make TechExams.net a better and more useful place for all people needing IT help. :D

This sure beats me only giving advice on a cold, lonely Blog lost in the ether of the Internet, I can tell you...
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    I want to thank you for these great forums. The discussion boards have helped motivate me to pursue my certifications.

Happy anniversary!!! :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on a monumental accomplishment Johan. I have to tell you that this is hands down the best site period for certification information. No one else even comes close. Keep up the good work and thanks for allowing us to moderate and help out. The experience has been more valuable than you'll probably ever know. Even the respective vendors of the different certifications don't come close to matching up to the support base and activity here (which boggles my mind as to why they're not knocking your door down to support your efforts). I plan on being around for the long haul man. Again thanks for the opportunities.

Keatron.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Cheers!

Thanks to Johan and all the Mods for the best cert-site on the web!! Also, thank you to all of the forum members, who are all kind, understanding and helpful.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Been Lurking, for the awhile, I think, and can only echo the great compliments for the site, webmaster and moderators, and of course the contributers.

Johan THANK YOU, hats off.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Happy Anniversary to Techexams.net.

I'm sure the best is yet to come!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Man I am starting to feel old Johan .....
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Major thanks to you Johan, since i found this iste, ino longer visi others.

This is my primary site for certification and it has seen me through all of my current MS certifications.

I intend to stay for a long time.

Major thanks and congratulations
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    K_amisi wrote:
    Major thanks to you Johan, since i found this iste, ino longer visi others.

This is my primary site for certification and it has seen me through all of my current MS certifications.

I intend to stay for a long time.

Major thanks and congratulations

For me it's the same...
    Congrats and thanks for a job very well done.

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Brilliant job thus far Johan. I been a member nearly half of that time and have shared many wonderful certification achievements (and tears) with the forumers here (and even moved countries!).

Heres to another 4 years!!
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I sure hope there are many more years to come. I'm sure glad I found this site when I first started my journey into certifications. It's very helpful to talk with those going through the same thing as you and get the advice of those who have already been there and done that.

Kudos to Johan and all the members who make this site what it is: The authoritative site for IT related certifications!

bowing.gificon_wm.gif
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for the great response 'and' motivation everyone! And congrats to you all too :D
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congratulations!

Even though I don't post frequently anymore, I'm still happy that the site is doing so well, because I've been around here for a while.

Keep up the great work!

:D
    Thanks /usr, it's good to see you posting again even though it's not as frequent as when you were "lost in space". ;)
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Johan -- Thanks for all the hard work you are the MAN!!
    Moderators -- Thanks to you as well, Especially JD with the CWNP help
    Fellow members -- You deserve a Thank You as well as each of you contribute when you post answers or advice.

I have gotten great help and even grown as a person thanks to posts on this site. Kudos to all
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I know this place has been of endless help, countless times for me in the past few years, and it just gets better all the time.

Here's to another brilliant 5 years to Johan and Co.!!

beerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    this is a good site ....

don't always aggree with everyone but that's okay

i'm a defector from another site which shall not be named.
    that site fell victim to the scammers and spammers and I'm glad that this site has some integrity.

:D
    rm -rf /
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif one of the best study sites on the web
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    Thanks Keenon :D

Over a week you'll be here for two years, thanks for sticking around and helping out so much!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Happy Anniversary to TechExams. I must say that this site is the best one to visit for certification and assistance. Please keep up the great work Johan!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There are more defectors than one would think from said unnamed site darkuser. Since most people vote with their feet it is a testament to how well techexams is liked. Guy on the right shoulder says he likes it, lady on the left shoulder says she likes it, guy behind me says "don't ask stupid questions" :D
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONTRATS!!! and thanks for all the hard work and dedication you put in to benefit everyone :)
  • crabeatercrabeater Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS Johan !!! :):)

I found your site a couple years ago, and have come back many times, not just to post problems, but to read what problems people are having and using what others post for resolutions, and my own search for answers, as a great teaching tool.

Also, your Tech Notes have been a very good source of what to study, what might more likely be found on the certification tests; even MS adds in some very un-likely-to-be-seen errors in their practice questions, throwing a wrench in my studies.

Good Luck, and keep it coming....... icon_cool.gif
    Thanks crabeater! It's always nice to see a familiar name and avatar :D