Security+ and CASP

KylemanKyleman Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi:

I'm want to know the difference between Security+ and CASP:

-I much more difficult the CASP from Security+?
-Is possible take directly the CASP without take the Security+ exam?
-How logn time is needed to study each exam?

I'm thinking to take the CASP directly but i don't know if it is a problem.

Regards

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    - CASP is supposed to be more difficult than Security+, as Sec+ is more or less an introduction to IT security. CASP is a "Professional" certification, with an expectation of around ten years of IT security experience, if I remember correctly.
    - You don't need to take the Sec+ first.
    - No one can tell you how long it takes to study, as each of us is different. You might get the concepts much more quickly than the next person, or not. It is too difficult to tell, honestly.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How comfortable are you with incident response policies, risk management, device lifecycle and what happens in each phase of the lifecycle plan, federated identity management, and PKI infrastructure? Those topics make up a large amount of the CASP material.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • KylemanKyleman Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi:

Thanks for your answers. I'm don't have too experience but my objective is the CASP. If i can study it directly withouth have to pass the S and the exam fee, it would be a good way.

Do you recommend take directly the CASP material ou previously study the S+ material?

Thanks.
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's possible. I would recommend that you get the Security+ book and read through it without actually sitting for the exam. It will give you a better base to start your CASP studies.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's possible. I would recommend that you get the Security+ book and read through it without actually sitting for the exam. It will give you a better base to start your CASP studies.

Excellent advice. I picked up the CASP book after completing the Sec+ cert and I must say I would be completely lost without the Sec+ baseline info.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • KylemanKyleman Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok. Really thanks for your comment's i'll do like that