Veeam Certification

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I just got this email from Veeam saying that we can now be Veeam certified with the VMCE. We actually use Veeam at work so I was like cool I could maybe learn a thing or 2 with this certification. So I went on their website Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) technical training course and exam, looked it up a bit. Then I saw that you have to take a class or watch the videos-on-demand to be able to sit the exam... and it costs 3000$!!! WHAT? How can this be possible? is there someone that would pay that much money for this kind of certification? I would've maybe done it for free but not 3000$.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My coworker is a Veeam evangelist. We have been talking about this in the last few weeks. I just don't see the value of this cert, especially with such costly training requirement. They've learned too much from VMware.
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you sure the online videos are $3000? I can't find any direct info regarding the online videos, I did find this though:

Veeam University
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    See How to become a Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)

They kind of avoid the question of VODL cost and defer to the training providers. Makes me think the cost is just as ridiculous as the Instructor-led class.

Another weird thing, Pearson doesn't have Veeam listed anywhere.

I checked the Ingram Micro link and it seems they sold 3 seats already for the March course.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Mandatory training costs are pretty silly. Sure I paid the VMware one, but let's be honest if you want to be taken seriously you need at least VCP. I don't see a reason for a paid Veeam class for something that I learned how to get all configured and setup in half a day.
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got my boss to pay for the class and cert. I'll be taking it in a few weeks, should be fun.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...