Options

Cissp exam- experience

samad.sameer@gmail.comsamad.sameer@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
My Experience

1) Just relying on Shon Harris you will not be able to pass the exam. The books has its own limitation
2) All domains are equally important - Here i don't agree with Clement
3) The questions were so confusing that i was thinking that did i book the right exam. During the exam after 45 minutes i found a question which i had read in the book
4) There were question related to access control which i had not seen any of the books the question
5) The Shon Harris practice exams for which i spend lot of money were not related to exams in her book we can atleast identify the concept but exam questions it is diffcult to find even the concept
6) I was thinking that i would not even 100 points but i manage to score 649 may be the wild guess has given me the marks

But the reality is that ISC2 gave true feedback my weakest domains were

1) legal , compliance- i did not spend as much time i did for other domains
2) Operation security-i did not spend as much time i did for other domains
3) Physical security
i did not spend as much time i did for other domains
4) Access control
5) Bcp and drp
6) information security and riks managemen
7) crytography
icon_cool.gif Security architecture
9) software development
10) telecommunication

I don't know what to do now. Please guide me what resource i have to refer. Which teacher to believe

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I heard some people used two books for this exam.

In my case I am using 3 books and cccure.org . Very soon I will add another exam simulation, I am not sure if is going to be Transcender

One source is not good for the exam.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Although some have passed with only one book, I always believe the more the merrier. I recommend going through all the "passed CISSP" threads here so you can see what worked for others. In my case, I used the Conrad books as primary source and the Harris one as a supplement. I watched the whole Clement Dupuis course. Also paid for CCCure questions.
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    The Eric Conrad Study Guide and 11th Hour Study guide were helpful to me. Also if you didn't do any practice tests you should do so. With the ccure.org questions aim to score 85+% in all domains including doing some full 250 question practice tests.