ICDN1 Practice exams

skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Does anyone know where to get some good ICDN1 practice exams please? I have the one that came with the Cisco Flash cards and exam practice pack but I was wondering if there are any others.

I'm averaging around 600 point at the minute, but i've done the exam several times and repeating a lot of the same questions.

I'm using CBT nuggets, the Odom book and some lab equipment since about November. I was hoping I would be ready for the exam by now, but i'm finding the book heavy going as I struggle absorbing written information.

Any advice from anyone else who find the books a struggle? icon_rolleyes.gif

Many thanks
David

Comments

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right here on TechExams there is a whole section to free practice exams. You can buy a network simulator if one didnt come with your book and use it to help solidify some of the written knowledge.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I have a few at CCENT Practice Exam – Bank 1 | Route, Switch, Blog. Let me know what you think, and I might put some more together.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • ednardednard Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PCHoldmann wrote: »
    I have a few at CCENT Practice Exam – Bank 1 | Route, Switch, Blog. Let me know what you think, and I might put some more together.
    Bookmarked. Will give that a go when I've finished Odom's guide. Thanks.
  • skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□

Brilliant! thanks a lot
  • MatroMatro Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've a question about practice labs.. In the real test, should we use a real CLI for programming a device, or we ha ve only multiple choice questions?
    Actually: CCNA - Palo Alto ACE
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will need to know how to use the CLI.
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    Check out Boson

Also the subnetting.org page.
    Don't be too stressed about solving the questions extremely fast, but more on understanding subnetting.
    Know it, and know it well.

CCENT/CCNA Certification Practice Quiz 1 | GoCertify
    Free CCENT Tests
    Free CCENT CCNA and subnetting questions
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • awayaway Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thx a lot!
    Can we have other ? :)
    I am working on another set. Does anyone have any feedback on the difficulty, accuracy, etc. of the current set?
    There's no place like ^$
  • Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fairly good questions. Never heard of the UDUL I believe it was during my CCENT studies, but I just used reasoning to get the right answer. Not bad, just gotta make sure as a test take you read the questions thoroughly or you'll make the wrong choice like I did on a few. Overall nice little practice test :) Oh, and question 8 was worded very weirdly.
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Hello,

Does anyone know where to get some good ICDN1 practice exams please? I have the one that came with the Cisco Flash cards and exam practice pack but I was wondering if there are any others.

I'm averaging around 600 point at the minute, but i've done the exam several times and repeating a lot of the same questions.

I'm using CBT nuggets, the Odom book and some lab equipment since about November. I was hoping I would be ready for the exam by now, but i'm finding the book heavy going as I struggle absorbing written information.

Any advice from anyone else who find the books a struggle? icon_rolleyes.gif

Many thanks
    David

I guess I am not one for jumping on the BANDWAGON… But personally, the practice tests on this site are ok, I guess. But I would not suggest them for the CCENT. at all. 1. They are easy. 2. They have information that is not 100% valuable to passing CCENT. Here is a example for the non believers, I copied and pasted :

15. What is the maximum cable length in a 100BaseFX network running in full duplex mode?

Looks like a question I had on my Network+ Exam…icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif Yes, I know Network+ and CCENT have some similarities, but when someone is studying, nobody wants any extra to memorize, So I vote no for the tech exam ccent practice exams. Sorry the bandwagon did not pick me upicon_sad.gif, and that was only question 15. I am sure if i was bored I could of continued on and found more. I suggest the Todd Lammie book personally, Yes I have/had the OCG also. But I dont believe you have to read 900 pages for a 50 question test IF you are just trying to pass..but thats just me, you can read if for knowledge and understanding after you pass plus a lot of it was like… he was trying to make 900 pages, but he could of did the book in 500, in my opinion.. icon_thumright.gif no but really the Lammie book is easier to grasp, the OCG was written for someone with at least a foundational level of experience.

You will not be "programming" a thing. more of troubleshooting the problem per-say….If you have subnetting down, you are off to a good start, use YouTube (free) I found some value information AFTER passing the exam. Udemy has some free videos also. Good Luck
    Dpsmooth15, I understand the desire to be efficient in your studies, but you can wind up being penny wise and pound foolish. Having a deep understanding of the technologies you are working on will stand you in good stead when you come across the question that isn't quite on the blueprint, or takes a little different angle, as well as in your day to day work. Of course it doesn't make sense to study to CCIE levels to pass CCENT, but studying a bit deeper and wider than needed is not going to be wasted effort.
    There's no place like ^$
  • traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dpsmooth15 wrote: »
    the practice tests on this site are ok, I guess. But I would not suggest them for the CCENT. at all. 1. They are easy. 2. They have information that is not 100% valuable to passing CCENT.

^^^ This is one of those "I've always believed this, but did not want to be the 1st person to say it" situations. Techexams seriously needs to update their practice exams. I'm currently using a combination of CBT Nuggets, Todd Lammle, and Packet Tracer for my CCENT studies and so far so good.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tagged for later viewing
    I have another batch up - CCENT Practice Exam

Let me know what you think.
    There's no place like ^$
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have another batch up - CCENT Practice Exam

Let me know what you think.

The question about UDLD does'nt belong. I've looked in Lammle, Graziani, and Odom and havent seen it required of CCEnt.. In fact, never heard of it

The question about SHA doesnt belong

Best I could manage is around 60%.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
    Considering this on the blueprint, I think the SHA one is relevant:

6.1.a Device password security
    6.1.b Enable secret vs enable

I'll probably think up something to replace the UDLD question, I think that was in the older versions.
    There's no place like ^$
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Considering this on the blueprint, I think the SHA one is relevant:

6.1.a Device password security
    6.1.b Enable secret vs enable

I'll probably think up something to replace the UDLD question, I think that was in the older versions.

The IPV6 questions are cool. Very relevant
    I believe the subnetting questions on the first batch have errors.. the first one with the /22 mask is OK but the next two are wrong
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
    Thanks for the feedback.

I validated the answers in the IP subnet "sorting" question, and the answers are correct, and there is no overlap (2 that match the same thing).
    There's no place like ^$