CISA Price

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just checking, did I read correctly, the cost of the exam (including registration) is $800 USD?
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'll confirm that. CISA, CISM, CGEIT, and CRISC all show up as $725 ($75 online discount from the $800 non-ISACA member price.) Holy hell batman.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks! Yeah I was expecting around $500 at most and then got that jolt.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    I don't recall seeing any emails or anything else about a 60% fee increase, so I don't know when it went into effect.
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    That information appears to have not been updated. When I go through the registration process, it's wanting $725. At best, using the link, the online registration fee (since Early is closed, but registration isn't closed) for a non-member should be $650.
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there any announcement from ISACA about it?

I registered for CISA 2014 (June) exam with $420 (Early).
    Not that I am aware of. And it's not like it was a little jump, either. Skyblue, are you an ISACA member? Can you walkthrough the registration for CISM to get the price, and let us know?
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am an ISACA member.

I went through CRISC registration and it was showing:

Registration Fees

*The pricing below reflects your Member status.

Registration for:
    Your price*

Online Exam Registration Discount
    ($75.00)

Exam Registration Fee
    $545.00

So, it seems for a member the CRISC exam online registration fee: $545.00-$75.00 = $470.00 (as early registration date is over now) which is the same as showing in the exam registration page.

For CISA, I checked my purchase (early) and it was like below:

Exam Registration Fee

Online Exam Registration Discount

Tax:

Shipping:

Total:

• packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As a member, for my 2014 June CRISC Exam, I paid $ 495.00 - $ 75.00 = $ 420.00 total.
    I can't be the only one confused here.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    colemic wrote: »
    I can't be the only one confused here.

You and me both! But I will be signing up as a member next week so hopefully I see the lower pricing.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not taking that test anytime soon lol
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • govauditgovaudit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think for the December 2013 I paid $470 and last week I approved one of my auditor's request for reimbursement for the June 2014 exam for $480. That's DoD pricing though, I never realized just how expensive the exams are for non-members or non-DoD. That seems very high considering a pencil/paper based exam, the length of time they take in releasing results, and the length of time it takes to review applications after you pass. Considering ISACA allows anybody interested to take their exams (as opposed to exams which require basic qualifications before allowing you to sit), I would think the organization is very profitable. Being a non-profit, I'd guess those profits equate to large executive salaries, large travel budgets, and other perks for employees. You'd think they'd hire more staff or invest in technology in order to increase their efficiency. Based on the claims ISACA makes on the cost impact of moving to a CBT I can only imagine how expensive the exams will be if they ever do make that transition. $1000 - $1500? The good news in that, if you were to call it "good", would be the possibility of creating a economic barrier of entry to the certifications. Limiting the amount of those with certifications, and therefore increasing the value of the certification. I'm not sure if that's the plan, but it seems logical.
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I paid $460 for the December CISM exam - member price, a day or two before cutoff so obviously there was no early-bird discount.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just pulled up the CISM exam for June 2014 registration and it listed the non-membership cost at $750.00 dollars. Can anyone else confirm that? That is extremely steep! I just am not sure if the ROI would be worth it since I already have the CISSP and most positions I come across require one or the other, but not both. That's $750.00 and not including the study materials you would need to buy, i.e. review manual and Q&A database
    zxbane wrote: »
    I just pulled up the CISM exam for June 2014 registration and it listed the non-membership cost at $750.00 dollars. Can anyone else confirm that? That is extremely steep! I just am not sure if the ROI would be worth it since I already have the CISSP and most positions I come across require one or the other, but not both. That's $750.00 and not including the study materials you would need to buy, i.e. review manual and Q&A database
    I confirmed above...
    Ah, missed that colemic, thanks.

Could you give an opinion if it would be worth it for me to pursue the CISM out of pocket if I already have the CISSP?
  • govauditgovaudit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I paid $460 for the December CISM exam - member price, a day or two before cutoff so obviously there was no early-bird discount.

That's probably still early bird. This is for 2014, but DoD cost is constant and a little less than early bird.
  • phillifephillife Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI,

I just check and the price of the exam is 750.. can i verify if i register as member the price will be much lower?

Thanks

PS
    govaudit,

Where do you see the DoD price and is that for contractors as well as government civilians/military?
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    phillife wrote: »
    HI,

I just check and the price of the exam is 750.. can i verify if i register as member the price will be much lower?

Thanks

PS

From ISACA's website (Member Savings).
    CISA,
    CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certification Members save US $40 on annual maintenance fees and US $175 on exam registration fees.