Looking to attain A+ - study guide?

maroofcmaroofc Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All

Ive been working in IT for over 10 years and am a PC building hobbyist. I've wanted to get certifications for a while now just to have something on paper and would like to PASS the A+ exams.

Would this book be recommended?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Complete-Deluxe-Recommended-Courseware/dp/1118324064/ref=la_B001IGFMWQ_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392924506&sr=1-2

I want to stick to ONE source rather than looking at different sources as I get confused easily ! icon_lol.gif

I've read the book above can be used solely for passing the exams and comes with exams/videos etc.

Any thoughts\suggestions most welcome !

Comments

• OTBOOTBO Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used this book: http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-220-801-220-802-Authorized-Edition/dp/0789749718

If you've been in the field for 10 years, that's all you'll need in my opinion.
  • maroofcmaroofc Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks VM, I wish I saw this msg before I went ahead and ordered the one in my 1st post... oh well
    If you ordered it on Amazon, you can always cancel your orders; I've done it before. ExamCram is what most people suggest using if you have a background in the field. It's an easy read, and comes with a lot of useful material.
  • ByronicbluezByronicbluez Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Screw the books. Go on youtube and look up professor messer A+.
    It helped my friend pass and he didn't know anything about computers or networking.
    Screw the books. Go on youtube and look up professor messer A+.
    It helped my friend pass and he didn't know anything about computers or networking.

I would strongly disagree with that statement. Professor Messer is a resource I used, but the ExamCram book hits on a lot of subjects in a more thorough manner than the videos, and it IS stuff you will see on the test. If I had just watched the videos, I would have missed a lot of important information.

Who knows though, with experience, you'd probably be fine; but it's good to brush up anyways with the book.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the amazon book as well, and passed it no problem, good luck!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • maroofcmaroofc Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I received the Deluxe Study Guide book and have to say. Way too much info , I end up drifting off. I read through a preview of Exam Cram and prefer the format much more , straight to the facts.