Options

I PASSED!!!

HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yes, a new thread was needed. No more scrolling down to get to the good stuff...

Now I have to get my resume updated and get an endorsement or two.

Anyone (who has their CISSP) know how long it ACTUALLY takes to get audited?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

And I still got the first post-pass congratulations!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Bravo! icon_cheers.gif

Maintenant il faut vous faisez un grand féte avec beaucoup de "beer" et "pizza". Santé! drunken_smilie.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    HHHTheGame wrote:
    Yes, a new thread was needed. No more scrolling down to get to the good stuff...

Now I have to get my resume updated and get an endorsement or two.
    Yeah, you deserve a separate post for passing, congrats!

Anyone (who has their CISSP) know how long it ACTUALLY takes to get audited?
    If I'm correct, only an undisclosed percentage of CISSPs get audited, so you may not get audited at all.
  • Options
    The e-mail for the audit came one minute after the congrats e-mail.

LOL!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Big congrats, that is a fine achievement! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Great job, will definitely look impressive on the resume.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Congratz and very good!! An excellent achievement. What did you think of the CISSP exam a second time around? Give us a review of your experience!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    HHHTheGame wrote:
    The e-mail for the audit came one minute after the congrats e-mail.

LOL!
    icon_lol.gif Well that didn't take very long...
  • Options
    Let's see, my review.....

Well without breaking any CISSP rules, I'll try not to be too vague.

The first time I took it, I only had about five years of experience under my belt, didn't really have a good study plan, and probably overthought too much. When you fail, you get an e-mail breaking down which domains you need work on (ranking 1-10). This helped a LOT!

I stopped studying for a year and just worked. Then about a year ago I picked it back up again. I studied my three "worst" domains and then back to the other seven. I read the ISC2 book and Shon Harris' 3rd edition. Then onto the cccure.org quizzes. I did these in the same "order" as above. That's about it.

I do wish they'd tell you what you still need work in because (as sick as it sounds) I'd like to get better in those areas. But, like my friends who are doctors say, "Once they call you Doctor, they don't ask about your grades."

I was kinda worried going into the test because I was a little distracted. My one year old son had a real bad cold and my six year old daughter was being a pain in the butt. I felt bad leaving my wife with them. I also knew we were going to a wedding reception that night and we had to use a new babysitter. TOO MUCH ON MY MIND GOING INTO THIS EXAM!!! This is what I get for taking it in my home town instead of going to Chicago to take it (since I'd leave the night before and stay in a hotel).

I'll end this ramble here, and keep you posted after my audit.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□