Deleting an Interface

llllvllllllllvllll Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I have an interface which is ge-0/0/2 configured. But now i want to erase all the configuration for this interface.

Is there any easy method to do it ? In Cisco we can use default command to rollback that interface to factory default. what about juniper?

I can go in edit interfaces ge-0/0/2 and type delete.It will delete all the set commands under that interfaces. Is there anything else i can use to make it like it was before with nothing configured just like a new router?

Comments

• brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use rollback command to restore previous configuration.

--
    Regards
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just use 'delete interface x' to delete the whole configuration.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As mentioned, you can just delete the interface as shown above.

If you want to factory default the device then you have a couple of options.

The first is "load factory-default" in configuration mode. This will load a baseline factory default configuration as your candidate config. You'll still have to setup root auth and commit the configuration for it to take place. Your previous configurations that Junos saves will still be there as will all of the log files. So it's a good way to just get a clean default config but that's about it.

Another command is "request system zeroize" command which you would run in operational mode. It's going to take longer and it will wipe the logs, config copies, user data and so on then reboot with a factory default configuration.
  • llllvllllllllvllll Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm thank you all for your input.