Interview Questions asked for CCNA

shabeermshabeerm Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi ,

Below is the set of questions asked to a friend of mine in his recent interview for a opening for CCNA certified network engineer .If anyone know answers for below questions please feel to share it
  1. Which port u will connect to router or switch to pc to monitor and track the switch statistics?
  2. You have 2 PC’s in the same networks PC-A can ping PC-B. But PC-B cannot ping PC-A what will be the problem?
  3. When you are having 2 PC’s in the different networks PC-A can ping PC-B. But PC-B cannot ping PC-A what is the problems? Note router is connected in between?
  4. How do you connect to routers and switches infrastructure facility? In real time
  5. How do u find the switching looping is happening in switches both at hardware level and cmd level
  6. How does u find the routing looping is happening in routers both at hardware level and cmd level
  7. Why u require configuring clock rate in routers?
  8. Is configuring clock rate/baud rate is mandatory in switches if yes why yes? Or if no why not?
  9. In case if u plug-in straight thru cable in place of cross over cable wht happens justify?
  10. can dhcp /dns server act as a router? Justify
  11. What happens if u connect serial link instead of Ethernet between switch and pc justify?
  12. What happens if u connect Ethernet link instead of serial link between 2 routers?
  13. Can a pc/host can act as a router or switch?
For CCNA / CCNP notes visit my blog http://sysnetnotes.blogspot.in/

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol, surely being a ccna you should already know the answers? or you asked somebody for the ccna answers too? icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    shabeerm - as EdTheLad said, you have CCNA, have you tried answering these yourself, maybe share that and we can help you ? Otherwise it sounds like you don't know and want someone else to do it for you?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • shabeermshabeerm Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    shabeerm - as EdTheLad said, you have CCNA, have you tried answering these yourself, maybe share that and we can help you ? Otherwise it sounds like you don't know and want someone else to do it for you?

I tried to answer the questions i know.Please check it and let me know the answer of other ones

You have 2 PC’s in the same networks PC-A can ping PC-B. But PC-B cannot ping PC-A what will be the problem?
    Answer: Check whether windows Firewall is on PC-A

When you are having 2 PC’s in the different networks PC-A can ping PC-B. But PC-B cannot ping PC-A what is the problems? Note router is connected in between?
    Answer : Check whether default gateway is given in PC-B

How do you connect to routers and switches infrastructure facility? In real time
    Answer : Via telnet/ssh/console

Why u require configuring clock rate in routers?
    Answer: Equipment which are connected with serial must have a reference clocking to synchronize each other.DTE communicates with DCE in reference to the clocking provided by the DCE, thus we usually set the clocking from the DCE.

can dhcp /dns server act as a router?
    Answer : Yes

In case if u plug-in straight thru cable in place of cross over cable wht happens justify?
    Answer: Latest devices will work even if cables are not correct

I don't know answers for the below questions
    Is configuring clock rate/baud rate is mandatory in switches if yes why yes? Or if no why not?
    What happens if u connect serial link instead of Ethernet between switch and pc justify?
    What happens if u connect Ethernet link instead of serial link between 2 routers?
    Can a pc/host can act as a router or switch?
    How do u find the switching looping is happening in switches both at hardware level and cmd level
    How does u find the routing looping is happening in routers both at hardware level and cmd level
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is configuring clock rate/baud rate is mandatory in switches if yes why yes? Or if no why not?

The default BAUD [on the Console port] is usually 9600. If you don't set it, it should default to 9600. It can be configured either using the value in the configuration register or directly on the line (Con 0).

What happens if u connect Ethernet link instead of serial link between 2 routers?

You don't have to configure Clock Rate (Serial), Timeslots (T1), or Encapsulation (Serial, T1). The network is a Broadcast Multiaccess. Serial is such a situation (direct connection between two routers) would typically be Point-to-Point.

Can a pc/host can act as a router or switch?

Yes. In fact, a Windows PC can even be the Spanning Tree Root Bridge - I had this actually happen [unintentionally] in my lab while working on my CCNA. My Windows 7 PC became the STP root bridge. Windows Server also includes a Role known as RRAS (Routing & Remote Access) which allows it to function [poorly] as a router. It supports RIPv2, if I remember correctly OSPF, VPN (PPTP, L2TP, IKEv2 / IPSec, and SSTP / SSL), DHCP Server (separate role), NAC, RADIUS (can authenticate against Active Directory), etc...
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which port u will connect to router or switch to pc to monitor and track the switch statistics?

Console Port [on the Switch/Router], Serial Port [on the PC]

In case if u plug-in straight thru cable in place of cross over cable wht happens justify?

Depends on the device. Some new devices support Auto-MDIX and will function fine. Others (especially older) don't support Auto-MDIX and the link will show as Down. Strangely, the 1841 doesn't seem to support Auto-MDIX. I discovered this when trying to connect a couple of 1841s together (I didn't have any crossover cables on hand at the time) in my security lab. I ended up connecting both of them to a 5 port Linksys switch.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • shabeermshabeerm Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the answers.Please let me know if anything is wrong in my answers.