Bill Gates is leaving MS

grey foxgrey fox Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6152815.html

In a couple of years anyway. I suppose he has earned a rest, and it will be interesting to see what direction MS takes afterwards.

Comments

• AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Mmm... icon_scratch.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    He's not leaving. He won't perform the duties that he's currently responsible for, but he will still own MS.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Hey Olajuwon! Seems like you have already finnished the MCSE/MCSA track icon_eek.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Here is the complete article at CNET.

I'm thankful for the things Bill achieved in the past three decades, and I hope he'll have a great time spending some of that money. I'm sure he will continue to influence Microsoft for at least a decade more though.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Here's another link, to a video of the interview with Bill G:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=205005
    Alien wrote:
    Hey Olajuwon! Seems like you have already finnished the MCSE/MCSA track icon_eek.gif

How are you, man? Yeah, I finished it a few days ago. :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Olajuwon wrote:
    Yeah, I finished it a few days ago. :D
    And you weren't going to tell us? icon_lol.gif

Congratulations! :D

Did you get an excuse for why the test center wasn't open? Did they blame it on an error in the scheduling system?

Oh....(to not hijack the thread) hey, what about Bill icon_thumright.gif I guess he's serious about using his money to do some good.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! :D

Did you get an excuse for why the test center wasn't open? Did they blame it on an error in the scheduling system?

What's up, dude? Vue told me that it was a mistake on their system because the test center is not open on Sundays anymore. They never changed the scheduling in their system. I didn't make a big thread but I mentioned my MCSE status in my 70-284 pass thread. Good luck on the CCIE :D