Passed CISSP test

cjay904cjay904 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
ok. I studied every work day for an hour +/- for 3 months. Then I took a training camp coarse. I studied as hard as I have ever studied for anything in my life. It was intense, but I felt that I not only was ready for the test, but had a very strong foundational understating of all the domains. Sat for test on 2/15/2014

I had a CISSP associate send in my endorsement and received my confirmation email of the receipt of my endorsement today, Feb 18th. I will post back with how long it takes and what happens.

Advice for candidates getting ready for the test: Understanding worked better for me than brute force memorization., but that is just me.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Congratyalations.

Endorsement time various of course, but many of us in the Feb 2014 cohort got theirs in approx. 3 weeks.
  • cjay904cjay904 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update: Today is Feb 24th, no change in endorsement status!
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cjay904 wrote: »
    Update: Today is Feb 24th, no change in endorsement status!

For the SSCP, it took roughly 2-3 days after submission of documentation for the status to change. Once all the required endorsement documents are submitted, verification should take 3-6 weeks.
  • sbishop309sbishop309 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cjay904, Where can you check your endorsement status? have a link? Thanks
    Just Checking my email. No place online that I have ever seen.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    Do you have your member number? You could try this site: https://webportal.isc2.org/custom/certificationverification.aspx I don't recall if it was updated before or after I got my email though.
    Andhow, I tried that.. Results Not Found

I guess not available till after the endorsement process is done.
    Update: I received an email today confirming that the endorsement process is complete and I am a fully certified CISSP.

Recap:
    2/15/2014 Took the test (and passed)
    2/18/2014 Sent in resume and existing CISSP endorsement
    2/18/2014 received email confirming receipt of documentation
    3/3/2014 received email confirming certification process is complete.

Only thing left is getting the package in the mail. Email states it will be within eight weeks.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats squared!