Options

Advice on the tool to be used

maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
My institution is having many stations which geographically separated. In addition to this they keeps on increasing this is why, I need advice on tools that can be used to facilitate help desk and user support unit to deliver the needed service easily without making unnecessary movements.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Sorry but I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    I am asking tools or software which are used to manage and support computer's user remotely without physical access. Sorry for the confusing question.
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    RDP
    VNC
    TeamViewer
    Pc Anywhere
    LogMeIn
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dameware
    SCCM
    RDP
    Radmin
    Teamviewer
    Logmein Rescure 123
    VNC
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some form of IPAM (even if it's just current leases)
    PsExec
    RDP
    An MMC console with the right Snap-Ins
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Sccm & rdp
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    You can also use join.me to access the remote machines to install any of the above mentioned programs if needed. We use TeamViewer and VNC and both a very good for what you are looking for I believe. Both are also free downloads.

J
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is this help desk for internal employees? I mean, easiest scenario if everyone's on the same network and domain (or at least configure trust if multiple domains) is just make sure some group policies are correct that allow RDP and Remote Assistance, and just use Microsoft's built in RDP/Remote Assistance.

Others have suggested great 3rd party solutions if you have to go across a WAN or if these end-users are external customers.

There's a million too. Bomgar and Citrix and Cisco have their own tools too.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the problem with join.me is when users are using vista/7/8 and users have the UAC enabled, you can't see that, and they have to be in front of the pc to click on yes or no for you. Also, if there are escalated activities, join.me wont work, the user will have to do the clicking as well...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)