Preparing for CISSP

engrsashengrsash Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
My background is on Cisco as I'm a Network Engineer (8 years) and just looking to pursue the CISSP and CEH+CISM. I currently hold CCNA / CCDA / CCNP Certs. I have the ERIC and GREG already and curious on other study materials that will prepare for a successful test. Thanks :)

Comments

• engrsashengrsash Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What about Michael Gregg-CISSP Exam Cram, has anyone used it, please share the feedback because one of my friend is recommending it. I am already working on ERIC study guide and 11th Hour. Please help...
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is a Sunflower pdf that you can download that should help. Also, you can check out Charles Sturt University in Australia. They have free short courses, one of which is for the CISSP. Just sign up and they'll give you access (last time I checked). Each seminar covers two of the domains.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Sunflower PDF is Awesome but short of some new Domain and guys please tell me some thing about Michael Gregg-CISSP Exam Cram, has anyone used it before ? Is it better than Eric books ? Please help...

Presently I am using the following

THEORY:
    1. Shon AIO 6th Ed (Only Gap Fixing and Quick Tips)
    2. Eric 2nd Ed (Primary Book)
    3. Eric 11th Hour (Revision Book)
    4. Sunflower PDF (Revision PDF)

PRACTICE:
    1. Shon AIO 6th Ed (Questions)
    2. Eric 2nd Ed (SELF TEST)
    3. Eric 11th Hour (Questions)
    4. Gregg Practice Questions Exam Cram 3rd Ed
    5. Gregg Exam Cram 2nd Ed (Questions)
    6. Official CBK (Questions)

Is this enough? Any suggestions are very very much welcome. Thanks in Advance.
    Finally, I am using the following

THEORY:
    1. Greg 2nd Ed (Primary Book)
    2. Eric 2nd Ed (Secondary Book)
    3. Shon 6th Ed (Only Gap Fixing and Quick Tips)
    4. Eric 11th Hour (Revision Book)
    5. Sunflower PDF (Revision PDF)

PRACTICE:
    1. Shon AIO 6th Ed (Questions)
    2. Eric 2nd Ed (SELF TEST)
    3. Eric 11th Hour (Questions)
    4. Gregg Practice Questions Exam Cram 3rd Ed
    5. Gregg Exam Cram 2nd Ed (Questions)
    7. cccure free version
    8. total tester by shon
    9. mhprofessional
    10.Certification Central
    11.Eric 500 Questions
    12.Transcender
    13.Actual Test
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    engrsash,

Your study materials seem pretty expansive and you should have no shortage of stuff to study. You have many more materials listed than I used to study personally, but to each their own! Best of luck to you on the exam
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I think it is a mistake to use a cram type book as the primary source. It may give you a false sense of confidence.
    Dear zxbane, please share your materials list that you have used to pass the exam so i can shirnk my preparations and sized my studies bcz it is taking alot of time which i cant be able to invest, please help...

Dear cyberguypr, i have read ISG&RM chapter from both Eric and Greg, and found Greg much better than Eric. That is why now I am using both of them. I am really confused bcz i have to appear in exam in JUNE, 2014 as required by my employer to save my job and fees will only be reimburse if I pass the exam. And if i fail in exam, i will lose fees reimbursment and can loose my job as well icon_sad.gif

Also i need sugestions from all of you regarding materials and how to pass the exam in first attemp, please help...

I shall be very thankful to all of you for this act of kindness, Thanks in Advance and plz plz help...
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good information! Thanks for sharing!
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    engrsash,

The good news is that in having until June that gives you quite a bit of time to study. I personally used Eric Conrads Study Guide, 11th Hour, CCCure's practice paid question engine, Sunflower PDF, and the AIO end of chapter summaries.

I think if you put in the time between now and June and focus on a core set of quality study materials you will be just fine, don't psych yourself out!

I high recommend CCCure's paid quiz engine, as well as Conrads books.
    Dear zxbane, according to one of my friend, CCCure quizzes are outdated and some one on this forum also said the same, that's why I am using its free version. Instead of using its paid version, I am using quizzes of following to save the cost bcz all the soft-copies of them are given by my friends.
    Gregg Exam Cram 2nd Ed (Questions)
    Gregg Practice Questions Exam Cram 3rd Ed
    Eric 11th Hour (Questions)
    Eric 2nd Ed (SELF TEST)
    Microsoft Training Kit (Questions)
    Official CBK (Questions)
    Shon AIO 6th Ed (Questions)
    cccure free version etc

Also I finished reading the same chapter ISG&RM from Eric 11th Hour as well, it was awesome recall. Now according to me for THEORY, I will use the following Hierarchy.
    1. Eric 2nd
    2. Greg 2nd
    3. Eric 11th
    4. Sunflower PDF (revision)

I will post Final Hierarchy for both THEORY and PRACTICE soon after completing my research and feedback from all of you helpful awesome people. God bless you all and i am very happy to be part of such a helpful forum. Specially I want to pay my thanks to zxbane, you r doing awesome bro. :)
  • cjay904cjay904 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    engrsash wrote: »
    I am using quizzes of following to save the cost bcz all the soft-copies of them are given by my friends.

If I remember correctly, there were a few questions about the (ISC)2 code of ethics.

https://www.isc2.org/ethics/Default.aspx
    Dear cjay904, I didn't understand, m i doing any violations? bcz i read the code of ethics as well and didn't found myself culprit.
    Ok now after some research i came to know that for passing the exam in minimum time frame we have to study like as under.
    1. Shon AIO
    2. Shon Chapter's Quizes
    3. Total Tester
    4. Shon comprehensive
    5. Sunflower PDF

But i will not follow this bcz i cant afford (in terms of time) to sit in this exam again and sitting 6 hours again for the test is some thing like unbearable.
    As i have the time till june 2014, i will go this way.

Final Hierarchy for both THEORY and PRACTICE:

THEORY:
    1. Eric 2nd Ed
    2. Greg 2nd Ed
    3. Eric 11th Hour (Revision)
    4. Sunflower PDF (Revision)
    5. Shon 6th Ed (Only Gap Fixing)
    6. CCCure Prep Guide MASTERING 10 DOMAINS (Only Gap Fixing)

PRACTICE:
    1. Gregg Exam Cram 2nd Ed (Questions)
    2. Gregg Practice Questions Exam Cram 3rd Ed
    3. Eric 2nd Ed (SELF TEST)
    4. Eric 11th Hour (Questions)
    5. Microsoft Training Kit (Questions)
    7. Shon AIO 6th Ed (Questions)
    8. cccure free version
    9. total tester
    10. mhprofessional
    11. Certification Central
    12. Eric 500 Questions
    Guys, which approach we have to take or follow b/w the above 2. (Shon Approach / Hybrid Approach)
    Hybrid Approach = Eric + Greg.
    Shon Approach = Shon AIO
  • billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    A lot of folks take a hybrid approach of Shon Harris as secondary and Eric Conrad as primary. A lot also make Shon primary and conrad secondary. You mentioned in your post you have the Sunflower revised pdf. I am using one from 2009? My question is , si the 2009 sunflower pdf the revissed copy or is there a revised copy out there? Would you be able to send me a revised copy? I am studying for the CISSP as well.
    i dont have updated one and from revision, i mean that this for my last revision. i have the same copy available on this forum. Thanks
    engrsash wrote: »
    As i have the time till june 2014, i will go this way.

Final Hierarchy for both THEORY and PRACTICE:

THEORY:
    1. Eric 2nd Ed
    2. Greg 2nd Ed

PRACTICE:
    8. cccure free version
    9. total tester
    10. mhprofessional
    12. Eric 500 Questions

Subtraction of #6 from THEORY.
    I have used Prep Guide and Overly-updated for my first chapter ISG&RM and found both are useless. Now i will use both of them for my second chapter AC and will update which one is better. For now subtract the #6. Also please share your feedback and study strategy as well pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thanks
    THEORY:
    1. Eric 2nd Ed
    2. Greg 2nd Ed
    6. Prep Guide / Overly-updated

PRACTICE:
    8. cccure free version
    9. total tester
    10. mhprofessional
    12. Eric 500 Questions
    After quizzes from mhprofessional, i came to know that the best book is ERIC 2nd Ed with little support/help from Greg. So according to me best combination is ERIC 2nd Ed + Greg. Thanks