Options

Need some help with AnyConnect on iPad and RDP troubeshooting...

colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
Having a weird issue with AnyConnect and some iPads... User called this morning, couldn't get to his desktop over the weekend, or this morning even on the wireless. AnyConnect *itself* appears to be up and running (successfully logged in, VPN icon, etc.) I can RDP from my desktop to his desktop, but cannot reach it via RDP on the iPad (we use an app called PocketCloud.) Tried other apps, same result. RDP to my PC works fine. Also just found out this is not tied to one user - all users at that site can't get it to work.
I just can't think of why the iPad can't RDP? It has worked in the past. Not a routing issue since I have a ping app that can reach the iPad, response time of 19-81ms. And since the anyconnect is obviously on our wire, it has a route to the workstations in question.
Anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further? I can't think of what angle I am missing, troubleshooting-wise.
Working on: staying alive and staying employed

Comments

• Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    Just a few thoughts. Can you access any other programs while you are connected from the iPad, email etc? Is it just RDP not working or any program across the VPN?

Have you tried adding this user to the RDP access list on the remote machine? I have seen users with domain admin access not be able to RDP until their AD user is added on the remote machine.

J
  • Options
    RDP is the only application we use with the VPN... and yes the user is authorized. (so am I.) can't reach the distant PC, error is 'failed to connect to server'
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They finally released a working anyconnect app for ipad?!
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    They finally released a working anyconnect app for ipad?!

Yup it actually impressive and pretty straightforward. UI found the issue but haven't gotten it fixed yet... theree is an FW ACL that is blocking access. I am not sure why it is being applied to only PCs at tthat location though but I ill get it sorted tomorrow.
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    Try one of the other RDP apps ( I am currently using the Microsoft one) to help isolate the problem?

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    Definitely an ACL blocking it, I can see it in the syslog... but I have no idea why this rule is impacting this specific traffic (and not impeding other RDP traffic at other sites.)