Can't join Domain group

waqarsarwarwaqarsarwar Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

sorry if i posted this in wrong section. I am new to microsoft technology... learning about active directory now.
I installed Windows Server 2012 & Windows vista business on Vmware. I configured active directory with new domain. When I try to join that domain on window vista i get following error below....

An active directory domain controller for the domain *****.com could not be contacted....

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller for domain ******.com:

The error was: "This operation returned because the timeout period expired."
(error code 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.chandlab.com

The DNS servers used by this computer for name resolution are not responding. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

Verify that this computer is connected to the network, that these are the correct DNS server IP addresses, and that at least one of the DNS servers is running.

For more information on how to correct this problem, click Help.

My domain controller

IP add 10.10.10.10
subnet 255.255.255.0
Def gate : 10.10.10.1
dns 127.0.0.1

vista ip : 10.10.10.100
subnet 255.255.255.0
def gat : 10.10.10.1
dns 127.0.0.1

on vmware network adaptor setting is host-only

thx

Comments