Passed 98-365

dac086dac086 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just took test yesterday and passed with a 95. I used the Wiley book to study for the most part.

Comments

• Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats I just passed mine today as well.
  • kenitojkenitoj Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi dac086, congratulations! may I ask the type of examination as I will take mine this coming Feb 22. Is it more of multiple choice, situational and simulations? and what references you used to study? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks and all the best to you.
  • dac086dac086 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was more multiple choice questions. I think there was like 36 questions. They were situational but multiple choice.

I used the study guide here: https://www.certiport.com/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?page=common/pagelibrary/MTA_study_guides.html
    and Mircosoft Wiley book.
  • MailerDaemonMailerDaemon Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess everyone's doing it now. I just got mine on Monday. Congrats everyone! The study guide dac086 posted and the Wiley book are both great; I also recommend the CBT Nuggets videos. You can just grab a free trial and disable auto-renewal if you don't plan on using the site subscription.
  • ClausIRLClausIRL Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, after I finish with the MCSA for SQL I also plan on doing the MTA 98-365 to get a good grasp of active directory and basic administration tasks on the server, I plan on using CBT nuggets material for this course, do you think it will be enough?
  • ej2moloneyej2moloney Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They mention powershell in the book. Do you have to know powershell commands?
  • dac086dac086 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are no powershell commands in the test.
    dac086 wrote: »
    There are no powershell commands in the test.

Thanks Dac..Just trying to pin the questions down..I heard that they use a large database of questions.
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ej2moloney wrote: »
    Thanks Dac..Just trying to pin the questions down..I heard that they use a large database of questions.

Ditto -- don't over think, this exam is cake if you just study the exam outline at microsofts website... pick up the certiport study guide too, free and you can google it. My networking experience is minimal, I studied for 3 hours, passed.

-scott
    Ditto -- don't over think, this exam is cake if you just study the exam outline at microsofts website... pick up the certiport study guide too, free and you can google it. My networking experience is minimal, I studied for 3 hours, passed.

-scott

Thanks Scott

I have that, the wiley book, tom carpenters book, and got the learn2pass pdf. When I was looking at the pdf, they had a question about powershell, imagex. The objectives state "it may cover or more". I have the network + cert.

Eileen
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ej2moloney wrote: »
    Thanks Scott

I have that, the wiley book, tom carpenters book, and got the learn2pass pdf. When I was looking at the pdf, they had a question about powershell, imagex. The objectives state "it may cover or more". I have the network + cert.

Eileen

I didn't have a single powershell command.. I feel you are probably more than okay..

https://www.certiport.com/Portal/Common/DocumentLibrary/MTA_98-365_OD_external.pdf - study this, if you can safely make guesses to most of this, you are golden..

Most of them, even if you don't know, you can guess...

-scott
    I didn't have a single powershell command.. I feel you are probably more than okay..

https://www.certiport.com/Portal/Common/DocumentLibrary/MTA_98-365_OD_external.pdf - study this, if you can safely make guesses to most of this, you are golden..

Most of them, even if you don't know, you can guess...

-scott

Thanks a mill. I will let you know. I was talking to someone this evening and they said there was no powershell either..

E
    I passed the exam! Thanks Dac086 for the tips. I used Wiley Book(read from cover to cover), cbt nuggets, I also purchased measure up practice test, quizlet.com(free) to practice.

Exam is multiple choice. Good luck those who will take..I will study for the next certification.
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

What is the next exam you plan to hit?
    Kindly doing the needful
    Passed today with pass of 95. Had 49 Questions in 45 minutes. Had two sims, about three questions had three parts to it. Some of the questions were very hard to answer. (look at the word that is underlined and answer the question??) A class across the way from us has many students where english was not their first language and most failed it.
    Hi LittleBit, Thanks..im planning to take MS Security as I still have voucher for second shot. After passing Security, ill go back and retake CCNA. I took CCENT before(CCENT was 2 CCNA divided into two) but failed.
  • mafioso345mafioso345 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make no mistake about it i failed this exam and im a 10 year vet, i used cbt and measureup i scored 63 with 70 to pass, i was taking this as a refresher course but i couldnt pass it ill use the certiport material now hopefully that will help, prob is this exam has so much multiple choice questions.
    mafioso345 wrote: »
    Make no mistake about it i failed this exam and im a 10 year vet, i used cbt and measureup i scored 63 with 70 to pass, i was taking this as a refresher course but i couldnt pass it ill use the certiport material now hopefully that will help, prob is this exam has so much multiple choice questions.

What certiport material is that? is it like the exam?
  • candycorncandycorn Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 71%. Studied for half a day yesterday, half a day today. Some of the questions were much harder than anticipated. Or I'm that rusty. Used: https://www.certiport.com/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?page=common/pagelibrary/MTA_study_guides.html
    Also installed a trial version of Server 2008 to play with the night before.
    ITIL, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech, MTA: Server Fundamentals, MCP, Apple Certified Associate, CIW Associate
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's all you used was the study guide and the Server 2008 trial? Maybe I'm over studying since I've already taken a couple of Microsoft exams (70-680).
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • hgsmillshgsmills Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking my 98-365 tomorrow, I have been revising this past month. Ill let you know how it goes!
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, based on the feedback in this thread, I went and took the 98-365 exam yesterday; I passed and was over-studying.

Thanks all!

I also took the 74-409 Hyper-V exam and failed (606 out of 700 passing) but I'm not done with the videos, labs, or the book yet so I wasn't expecting to pass, just get a feel for the exam. I'll keep studying and have complete confidence I'll pass next attempt.
  • hgsmillshgsmills Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed! Exam was good, I would recommend a couple hours of revision!
  • mc91mc91 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gncsmith wrote: »
    So, based on the feedback in this thread, I went and took the 98-365 exam yesterday; I passed and was over-studying.

Thanks all!

I also took the 74-409 Hyper-V exam and failed (606 out of 700 passing) but I'm not done with the videos, labs, or the book yet so I wasn't expecting to pass, just get a feel for the exam. I'll keep studying and have complete confidence I'll pass next attempt.

Has the exam format changed since previous years? (Is it still 45 minutes, mostly multiple choice)
    I have to take this in 2 weeks as an entrance exam to a training programming I'm applying so I'm trying to cover all my bases. I'm using the MVA + Wiley book (making my way through the Wiley book and taking notes + answering all the questions).
  • cap712cap712 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys ,

I have my 98-365 exam on Wednesday , I purchased a while ago CBt nugget Server Fundamentals and went through all of it and I have the MS Press book for it and I went trough the Udemy Study material as well.

Also, I purchased the MeasureUp practise test which I figured at that time it was the best to practise to test the exam questions .

So the last days I went over them again and again . Now I found on another page some practise questions that are much more difficult than the MeasureUp ones . Now im a little bit unsure where i stand with the studies.

Anyone can help who done the Exam recently ?

Cheers
    Oliver
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I took mine a year ago. So, just keep going over the practice questions..go slowly during the test.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cap712cap712 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks , Which practise questions are good practice? MeasureUP?