Router for CME/FXS/FXO

Does anyone know of any Cisco router with CME and FXS/FXO ports that has not been announced as "End of Sale/Support" notices? Preferably lower around 1000~2000s.

Other than "Cisco 2811 Router."

Links from eBay and Amazon welcomed.

Thanks.

Comments

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Not EoS, you're looking at a 2901 AFAIK.
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    2901s don't seem to have FXO/FXS ports. Do I buy interface cards for the slots separately?
    Thanks.
    yep: VIC3-4FXS and VIC3-4FXO.

Just barely EoSale, you could look at a UC540. We have been putting out several of these until they went EoS. Then we had to switch to 2901s with CME, which cost slightly over twice as much.
    Thanks for the answers and links. So 2911 can take those two VICs and fit into DSP slots?
    DSP slots are internal and are used by PVDM3's. The externally accessed EHWIC module slots are used by the FXS/FXO cards among others. Explained here: Overview of Cisco Interface Cards for Cisco Access Routers - Cisco

There is no reason to go for a 2911 unless you need support for up to 50 phones instead of 35. Product comparison: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/aag_c45_556315.pdf
    I'm the process of reviewing CME materials. If I want my IP phones connecting to this router to have a regular phone number, do I need a SIP or equivalent service to have public phone number mappings? Or do routers come with default Call Manager ready to go?
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    no routers don't come with a call manager.

IF you want a regular number you will need a FXO port or a SIP trunk. I recommend SIP trunks as they dont' require any further hardware. Call manager is server based software that can do a lot of stuff, call manager EXPress is what can go on a IOS router and do basic functionality. Your best bet like someone said above is to look for an older UC500 box. You will be able to learn everything you need about CME and CUE on that box. The software is a tad bit outdated, but its still the widely used products in production as people haven't been in a rush to rip out those boxes as they work pretty well.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    By the way, does it matter whether I use VIC2 or 3 FXO/FXS cards?
    Thanks.