2000 - 2003 MCSA

joe3523joe3523 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it worth it or should i continue on down the 2000 path of MCSE? I know this question is based upon what you work on but from a perspective of a manager hiring someone, would i be an underdog to someone with a 2k3 MCSA?

THanks

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    The 2003 track would be preferable, but it depends how far you are on the 2000. If you've nearly finished, complete it and you can always upgrade later (292 + 296).
    witty comment
  • joe3523joe3523 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my MCSA and thats it. I havent started on anything else yet. Since I am at that stopping point would the upgrade be advicable and then continue on with 2k3 exams to get MCSE 2k3?
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I'm not certain that you can do this, so you might want to check it up, but you can probably upgrade to MCSA 2003 with only the 292 exam, and keep going from there on the 2003 track.
    witty comment
  • joe3523joe3523 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats what I was thinking I should do.
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. You should be able to do that. Have you used the certification planner utility on your MCP home? Search for MCP member home in google and then log in with your passport and then go to certification planner. It will tell you what tests you need to take for each certification.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan