Stanley CC Class March - May 2014

praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All;

I got my email that my name has come up on the wait list for the March - May 2014 VMware Vsphere class. I had to fill out a google doc from by Friday. I will get an email within 1 - 2 weeks to go online and submit payment for the course. I recall when I put my name on the wait list last year; there were approximately 500 people ahead of me.

pramin

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got my email this morning, too. Kind of exciting, really.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When did you guys sign up roughly, if you don't mind me asking?
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Got my e-mail also...now who actually put their SSN in the form?!?!?!
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    When did you guys sign up roughly, if you don't mind me asking?

Sept or October 2013. I think I was around 500 on the wait list at the time.
    LeifAlire wrote: »
    Got my e-mail also...now who actually put their SSN in the form?!?!?!

ummm. nope. its not a required field. :)
    Damn, I signed up around the October time frame as well. Where do you check to see where you are on the waiting list?
    @zxbane;

Call up Stanly and speak to Jana Kennedy. She should be able to tell you where you are on the list.
    Just called and sent her a email, Hopefully I hear back soon. I know we have a couple other VCP/Stanly threads on here. How many people have been successful on the VCP exam with the Stanly course plus the Scott Lowe book? VMware interests me more so than many other fields, including security.
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the email also. Sent in the form and looking forward to it. It has been roughly 4 months or so since I got on the wait list.
  • anmpanmp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Signed up mid-october and got the email for march class.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can always send me a private message here, and I will be glad to check your status on the wait list for you.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    I got my email Feb 26th! Very excited! :D
    Good luck to those that made the cut, I hope to be in the next round! Hopefully you guys can give some feedback on the course here so what others going after you know what to expect
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got my payment instructions email today. Based on the info from other folks on this site, I figured I get the email today. I do have a question or two to ask: in other threads, it has been indicated that you don't need the book they suggest. I have the official VCP5 Cert Guide by Bill Ferguson and the Mastering VMware V-Sphere 5.5 book by Scott Lowe. Do I even need to bother with ordering the book from Stanly CC? Thoughts on the book by those who've purchased it?

I realize that this course is more of a formality, a check-the-box sort of thing and that many could probably pass the exam with just self-study. I just want to get the most out of the course and the books as I can. I truly despise talking to folks who only know just enough to pass an exam but don't understand the technology. I want to truly master the information, to the greatest extent possible given my relative lack of experience with V-Sphere, so as to avoid being a paper tiger-type.

Cheers
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    I submitted payment today for the course. I have the Scott Lowe book and from what I have read on here, that's all you need. I don't plan to buy the course book.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gc8dc95 wrote: »
    I submitted payment today for the course. I have the Scott Lowe book and from what I have read on here, that's all you need. I don't plan to buy the course book.

I am based overseas so this is the approach i am taking.

Is the class still based on 5.1?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    I am not exactly sure. I think it is general 5.x based, but I dont know if they cover changes in 5.5. I have the 5.5 book because I believe that is what will be needed for the exam.
    nel wrote: »
    I am based overseas so this is the approach i am taking.

Is the class still based on 5.1?
    Yes the current class is 5.1
    This VmWare link shows there are currently two different exams that you could take to pass the VCP5-DCV. One is for 5.0/5.1 and the other is for 5.5.
    I guess we just hope that exam is still available by the time the class is over :D
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    You are able to take whichever exam at the end of the course that you please. I just finished the course am taking the 5.5 exam. I did all my reading and other study in 5.5. The course covers 5.x, It isn't really an issue if you take 5.x or 5.5 for the exam as you will receive a VCP5-DCV at the end.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I signed up at the beginning of November last year and haven't received anything other than the initial confirmation email. Is there any way to confirm I'm still on the wait list? I just registered a 2nd time with a different email just in case.
    astrogeek wrote: »
    I signed up at the beginning of November last year and haven't received anything other than the initial confirmation email. Is there any way to confirm I'm still on the wait list? I just registered a 2nd time with a different email just in case.

If you will send me a private message with your full name, I will be glad to check for you.

All orientation emails were sent yesterday to students in the March - May class. If you did not make this round of classes, please be patient & know that we are servicing as many students as we can at one time. We are sorry for any inconvenience the wait may make. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Trying to log in this morning with the information they provided, no luck yet. Anyone else get in?
    I have just logged in and read the course syllabus, completed the Class overview quiz and introduced myself. I believe these three need to be completed before a certain date. The page states they need to be completed by 17 Jan so i am guessing its a typo :D. I also entered my details in the VMware registration page to ensure my prerequisite details are passed to VMware on completion.

I had trouble with login/password in moodle. Had to get it reset. I'm able to login. Haven't done anything else
    nel wrote: »
    I have just logged in and read the course syllabus, completed the Class overview quiz and introduced myself. I believe these three need to be completed before a certain date. The page states they need to be completed by 17 Jan so i am guessing its a typo :D. I also entered my details in the VMware registration page to ensure my prerequisite details are passed to VMware on completion.

What/Where is the link for the VMware registration page
    If you experience any login issues to your virtual class in Moodle, here is the link to contact our help desk: https://helpdesk.stanly.edu/support/users/main.php
  • Cable_guyCable_guy Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also had log in issues. Contacted online help desk and they got it going.

I also completed some of todays req's and also started on Module 2 - Watching the video now.
    Thanks for the tips, got my password reset and able to get in now.
    Hooray! /excited!
    pramin wrote: »
    What/Where is the link for the VMware registration page.

Login to moodle and select the course from the sidebar. Then there is a link on the main page which says "VMware registration"

• HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm an 'alumnus' of this course, although I'm not ready to take the exam yet. There was a link to an external blog as one of the first items in the course as I recall. I wonder if anybody would be so kind as to copy the link here or PM me with it?

Thanks.